Ok, some pics of the table I am possibly (probably) going to buy.

splatterthrash

Dec 5, 2012
I thought maybe I could get some feedback from those of you who know about these things. I thought it looked to be in pretty good shape over all. Its a super flite. Missing playfield glass and lockbar. Very chaep, because we dont know if it turns on. If the seller plugs it in and it works, he will raise the price.

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u591/bbogucki72/IMAG0374_zps7c39f955.jpg
http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u591/bbogucki72/IMAG0373_zpsf748cf4c.jpg
http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u591/bbogucki72/IMAG0371_zps7cad3c75.jpg

splatterthrash

Dec 5, 2012
IMAG0374_zps7c39f955.jpg

IMAG0373_zpsf748cf4c.jpg

IMAG0371_zps7cad3c75.jpg

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
You should expect that it doesn't turn on.
This means you'll likely have to replace a central part such as pcb, psu or similar.

Check online stores to see the worst case scenario cost for you, and use that to determine if the reduced sales price is worth the expenses for repairs.
The table does look otherwise nice, but you should always expect some common wear on switches or solenoids once you do get it turned on, if it's not sold as being shopped or near mint. So always expect at least an additional $50 or more for additional spare parts.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Like I said its age would turn me away. It appears to have had alot of work done. Look at all those coils and switches=HEAVY. finding those plastics and pop bumper caps might be impossible for you. playfield looks nice hows the backglass? If theres any bubbling kiss that part goodbye or you got to clearcoat it. You said $100 hmmm for that price its worth the cab N parts. Ive never worked on a EM besides setting them up and hooking head unit to the table.

splatterthrash

Dec 5, 2012
The backglass has some bubbling to it, but the guy thats selling it said i could coat with something that would alleviate a lot of it. I also thought if I cant repair it, I can part it out too. I just want to try to make it happen.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Look at the the coils there almost all been replaced you can tell in the cabinet some are really dirty those are original also EM wires are the cloth insulated spotted ones all the other wire has been replaced, as far as the work done Im guessing if someone could do all that its done right. Even if the guy turns it on and it works you tell him your going to have to spend $200 to get it back in playable condition, dont buy a machine without turning it on.

splatterthrash

Dec 5, 2012
I figured I be into for about 300 after all is said and done. But I almost cant pass up this opportunity to have something unique and possibly something that I made work. I really like the idea of restoring it.

splatterthrash

Dec 5, 2012
Well, it turns on and the bulbs light up. The kicker hole works, but the score reels arent resetting. So, after I clean it up a bit, that will be my first order of business.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts