Occasional non responsive flipper

Wulftown

Dec 8, 2012
Does anyone else run into the problem of flippers not responding? It only happens to one flipper at a time and it works fine if I hit it again. I find it usually happens when I have the opposite flipper up. I was just wondering if others had the same issue or its a problem with my Kindle.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think i've had the issue too, I'm never quite sure if it's the software or if I just missed the screen altogether, but i'm becoming increasingly suspicious.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
This sounds very similar to the issue I have on both my devices. I've nicknamed it "flipper flutter." If I'm holding the left flipper up and also try to use the right flipper, it will frequently flutter randomly. Sometimes both flippers start doing it. Rarely it will even happen when only one flipper is engaged. I've got to say it's incredibly annoying.

I'm wondering if it might be a touchscreen issue as I have been able to somewhat replicate the issue in other pinball games on the Nook HD+, though it generally is not nearly as bad or frequent. I've also noticed (on the Nook) that I can sometimes reduce the likelihood of it happening if I make sure my thumbs are not horizontally aligned. In other words keep one thumb higher on the screen and the other lower. This does not seem to help as much on the Kindle.

Also, while I've seen this issue on all the tables, it does seem more frequent on tables like Black Hole and Big Shot. When it gets bad the flippers seem to get going like hummingbird wings! If anyone finds a solution, please let me know.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
This was a problem on PHOF if you held the flipper it would flutter making trapping a ball for more than a second impossible.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
This was a problem on PHOF if you held the flipper it would flutter making trapping a ball for more than a second impossible.

Which version of PHOF? I have the PHOF: Williams Collection for the Wii and have yet to notice this issue with it.

Wulftown

Dec 8, 2012
Flipper flutter is a little different. That happens to me if I lightly touch the screen. I'm talking about touching the screen and nothing happens.

N

netizen

I encounter this sort of behaviour on my Galaxy Tab 2, but not at all on my Nexus 10. the Tab 2 has less than a gig of ram, so that may be the issue/root cause :-/
Try clearing the TPA cache and making sure that you have closed all other apps prior to starting TPA to see if that makes any difference.

I found, on the tab 2, that when I noticed the flipper becoming unresponsive I would pause and resume to regain functionality; dunno if that will help you at all.

Jun 29, 2013
I was having this problem If I held down the left flipper the right flipper wouldn't work most of the time.It seems maybe the update yesterday fixed this problem for me. I played some Champion Pup and some older tables today and i didnt notice the problem anymore.

Jun 29, 2013
Looks like the Flight 2000 & Going Nuts update Re-Broke the non-responsive Right flipper for me again:( Well at least the Xbox 360 version should be updated in a few months so i wont be playing this on kindle much after that happens.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I might not be thinking the same issue as you, but if you're like me, your thumbs tend to gravitate toward the bottom center of the screen. The new nudge zones have limited where you can touch the screen and still have the flipper flip. I've had this happen to me too where i tap tap tap and nothing happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts