Randomization

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I've noticed a lot more randomization in the new tables with respect to kickouts. Kudos Farsight for implementing this, such a simple thing really makes the tables feel closer to their real life counterparts. Also want to give a mention to the new post STTNG physics! Fantastic stuff! The tables are much more challenging now.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I wonder if it's actually a random value throwing some chaos into the mix, or actually a more detailed physics simulation causing variations similar to a real table.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
There's something non-physical going on. Like that random "bump" in the right orbit in AFM. There're also some quirks in Taxi, like when you hit the Santa Saucer and immediately hit the ball back into the saucer after ejecting, it never goes in. At least that what it used to do. It magically doesn't happen anymore. Also, hitting the Gorby shot is kinda easy when Gorby needs to be picked up, but after he's picked up, that same shot no longer reaches him, until jackpot is lit. Hmm.

I think there is some programming trickery going on. It's why when the ball bounces on top of slingshots, I never believe that when they go directly to the outlane that it randomly did that.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I think its random because the ball still seems to behave in a predetermined manner. Just with 2-3 different outcomes now. Either way, a step in the right direction :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts