Android - Bug No friends :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirlspell

Feb 22, 2013
Hey guys,
So ever since I started playing TBA months ago, I have never been able to get my friends list to work. I've linked my account to Facebook, even gone through the trouble of uninstalling the app, resetting my Farsight password, reinstalling the app, and linking to Facebook again. I made sure that I had the Facebook app installed and logged in before doing so. Still nothing! I have a friend who has had the exact same experience, though with his iPad.

The deeper I fall in love with TBA, the higher my scores get, the more I want to brag - this is killing me! Any ideas? :confused: Apologies if I was overzealous in identifying this as an Android Bug.

Thanks!

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I don't know how the Facebook thing is meant to work, sent a few friend requests from people on this site then got a message from Facebook telling me to only send requests to people I may know ! .
I think a few excepted my request but only one name shows up on my score list.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I think the connection works in the background. As in, you login to Facebook with TPA, and it links the two accounts. A Facebook friend of yours will do the same, and then you'll start to see their high scores when you set the filter on leaderboards to Friends. You'll both see your real names, instead of your Farsight login name. It works for me, although the only friend I have who plays is my brother.

What I'd like for the Facebook login to be, besides the current experience, is a way to allow you to share your scores ON Facebook, like iOS does. My friends probably will not get into pinball anyway, but I want to brag about my high scores anyway.

whirlspell

Feb 22, 2013
That's so strange, I have two friends that have linked it to Facebook and I see neither of their scores show up on any tables. Now I'm wondering if they've just done something wrong, or if I'm actually experiencing a glitch. I just want to be sure that I'm crushing their scores! :cool:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hey guys,
So ever since I started playing TBA months ago, I have never been able to get my friends list to work. I've linked my account to Facebook, even gone through the trouble of uninstalling the app, resetting my Farsight password, reinstalling the app, and linking to Facebook again. I made sure that I had the Facebook app installed and logged in before doing so. Still nothing! I have a friend who has had the exact same experience, though with his iPad.

The deeper I fall in love with TBA, the higher my scores get, the more I want to brag - this is killing me! Any ideas? :confused: Apologies if I was overzealous in identifying this as an Android Bug.

Thanks!

It historically hasn't worked at a all on Android. Or if it has, it has been sporadic at best.

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
I don't have a facebook, I guess I have no friends. :(

Would be nice if TPA didn't rely on an outside service for such a function. I'd actually have a use for it if I could add other TPA users to my list.

N

netizen

Would be nice if TPA didn't rely on an outside service for such a function. I'd actually have a use for it if I could add other TPA users to my list.

+1, has been requested numerous times, but it doesn't hurt to re-emphasize the desire for this

whirlspell

Feb 22, 2013
Yeah, I'm honestly shocked that they don't have a working friends list feature. The app's been out for a year and it seems the consensus is that Android friends basically just doesn't work. That is rather inexcusable.

I'm still a massive TBA fan, but I am quickly understanding why some of their biggest fans are also their harshest critics here on the forums. They have a business model that they stick to with new tables each month, but I am already starting to feel like an abused customer who's being taken advantage of rather than served. Considering the money I've poured into the Android version, it really worries me that a year in, and they're not very focused on bug fixes or popular feature requests. I mean, next month I plan on picking up an HTC One - 4.7" 1080p display, beastly quad-core CPU... another year from NOW, the common phone tech will be exponentially more powerful than what TBA was designed for. If it takes over a year to fix a silly friends list, I wonder how much effort they'll put into making sure TBA looks good on phones like that, let alone utilizes its hardware? I'm pessimistic that there's not a chance in hell they'll be able to keep up, and we'll end up with a sad excuse for a mobile version of the game and we'll all be forking out new dollars for the PS4 version. :(

(womp womp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts