Request Tales from the Crypt and Roadshow!

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013
I would really love to see Tales from the Crypt and Roadshow, my first pinballs, don't have them anymore but still love to play them!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Fish Tales is unlicensed and is probably the most likely of those three tables to happen. Road Show has some licensed voice acting, but nothing too major.

Tales from the Crypt would be a bit more heavy lifting on the licensing side, but seeing as TFTC is the one Data East table that doesn't suck, I'd like to see it as well.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Data East tables are kinda like Zen tables are now. Licensed and fun pinball without thinking too much. A good change up from some of the deeper rule sets.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Fish Tales is unlicensed and is probably the most likely of those three tables to happen. Road Show has some licensed voice acting, but nothing too major.

Tales from the Crypt would be a bit more heavy lifting on the licensing side, but seeing as TFTC is the one Data East table that doesn't suck, I'd like to see it as well.

What about Guns 'N Roses or Jurassic Park or Tommy? The second of those would be much easier to arrange than the other two, but all three are Data East decks that I've heard good things about and look really fun to play, as well as very innovative in their own right. This isn't the first time I've heard you say that TFTC is the one decent Data East, either—may I ask why you dislike them so...heartily?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
What about Guns 'N Roses or Jurassic Park or Tommy? The second of those would be much easier to arrange than the other two, but all three are Data East decks that I've heard good things about and look really fun to play, as well as very innovative in their own right. This isn't the first time I've heard you say that TFTC is the one decent Data East, either—may I ask why you dislike them so...heartily?

With all due respect to Sean's take on data east, I agree for the most part. The licenses are great and they really did some of the better dot matrix animations. Most tables are very average to subpar from the foundational aspect of pinball. They are good for beginners and novice but are missing the deeper rules and challenges that other tables offered from that time period. Fun for a few plays in general but generally become monotonous. Thus just my take though. TFTC and gnfnr are both quite good. Lethal weapon 3, tommy and last action hero are above average. Most of the others get old fast.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Tales from the Crypt is rumored due to a "slip of the tongue" by Gary Stern. Roller Coaster Tycoon is also rumored from the same interview.

I saw a video of Tales and I really liked what I saw. Probably going to be this years Halloween themed board, like how Elvira was last years.

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013

I agree that TFTC is one of the only tables that don't suck from Data East, but not the only one, I like to play Tommy also, but guess that would be a mayor licensing problem...

karl

May 10, 2012
I seem to remember Bobby said some time ago that Tommy might be the easiest of all music tables to get since it is based on the movie and not the album. (no original who tracks) Tales From The Crypt and Roadshow could also be very attainable. Not every licence on earth needs a kickstarter.

I would be very happy to see Tommy, TFTC, Roadshow, Fish tales on TPA. They are all good tables (there is some lines in TFTC that get on my nerves after a while from that old lady but I still like it)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Tales from the Crypt, which has actually gotten a lot of requests on this board, is heavily rumored. I think it will be the Haloween table.

Road Show is speculated based on blurred images from Farsight studios of upcoming boards. So chances of both of these are very strong.

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
Tales from the Crypt, which has actually gotten a lot of requests on this board, is heavily rumored. I think it will be the Haloween table.

Road Show is speculated based on blurred images from Farsight studios of upcoming boards. So chances of both of these are very strong.
That would be sweet
If we got Tales and Haunted House in one pack!

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

I think the chances that we'll see Road Show are very strong, but wasn't that Whitewater in the blurred images?

Jul 2, 2012

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.