High Speed '86

Rainetshop

Feb 25, 2013
Does anyone think they will ever release High Speed Pinball (1986)? This was one of my favorites growing up. It also helped bring pinball back after the 1983 crash. A true 80s icon. May not stand up to today's bells and whistles machines. But I thought it was a solid game. Anyone remember this one? Maybe it's nostalgia talking, but I think it would be great candidate for a release.

Here's a quick summary of the machine I'm talking about. Gives me goosebumps just looking at it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Speed

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think they will eventually. It's one of the best, in addition to the sequel (High Speed 2: The Getaway).

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Agreed, I think we will see at least one of these. I'm hoping for both of them. I always liked Getaway better. But lately I've been playing the original more.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I prefer The Getaway but like the original as well. If we can only get one I hope it's Getaway but if Farsight can't secure ZZ Top's La Grange, then High Speed will have to do. Of course, getting both would be ideal.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I love both tables. In fact, the Getaway is my all time favorite pinball table and the table that got me seriously into pinball.

I would be happy with either of them, but I would most love to see both come out.
Honestly I would hate to see the first one come out at the expense of the second one.

The Getaway has such a simple layout but is so far from being a one trick pony.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'll be happy to see the Getaway because as I'm sure you all know from my thread I own one and its the only table I know anything about so I may have more to contribute to beta testing it than my usuall ' there's a post missing from one of the slingshots ' ;)

IronSabbath88

Feb 21, 2013
I'd love to see both tables at some point. I've had closer looks at The Getaway and DAMN is that one cool table. Unfortunately ZZ Top have been known to not really license their stuff so easily, and as much as I'd love to play the table regardless, the La Grange music gives it that much more of an awesome feel.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There is a ZZ Top song in the new MLB game coming out next week, so that's a good sign.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
There a ZZ Top song in the new MLB game coming out next week, so that's a good sign.

I never quite understood where the sentiment came from that ZZ Top would not participate or that they would ask too much. If Getaway comes out, it will be less money because it is just for the writing and not performance and ZZ Top is one of those groups that seems to be game to do anything that promotes their brand in a good way. They don't go overboard like Kiss that will put their image on toilet paper and charge an arm and a leg for it. I see ZZ Top on King of the Hill and Billy Gibbons is always on Bones. They always seem down to earth and care more for the fans and what the fans would enjoy.

On a different note, I was very surprised High Speed had not been reproduced since the original Pinball Hall of Fame Collection. That and Pin*Bot were two games converted for the NES and both were quite popular. For that reason alone, I was quite honestly shocked not to see it purely for the name recognition it would have provided. I'm certain one or both will eventually come out but I believe it will resonate well for all the people that remember it on the original Nintendo system.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'd love to see both tables at some point. I've had closer looks at The Getaway and DAMN is that one cool table. Unfortunately ZZ Top have been known to not really license their stuff so easily, and as much as I'd love to play the table regardless, the La Grange music gives it that much more of an awesome feel.

Yeah that's the nice thing about this table is that nothing on this table is superfluous. Everything on it is something cool, every sound effect, siren, explosion, the light on top (FS if you do do this table please zoom out for that light show and make it a dark room).

Way way way way way way way way way early on the FB page, they did say that the getaway and EBD were both a possibility.

Members online

Members online