Anyone ever encounter this?

IronSabbath88

Feb 21, 2013
So long story short, I was having a pretty good game on Ripley's (three letters, which is more than I usually get) and when I activated Antarctica and it's two ball multi, one of my shots went into the first scoop near the idol that activates the amazing event.

Problem is, it didn't shoot back out. I lost the other ball and that second ball STILL didn't come out. The machine was still thinking I had a ball in play and worked like it should, eventually I got a message on the actual DMD that the table was searching for a ball, and I could hear the gears inside the machine messing about trying to find the damned thing. I let this happen several times and the ball wasn't coming...

First of all, it's amazing to me that these tables are so well recreated that even the error messages are present! Not only that, that these things can break like the real machines!

However, I do have to say that the Call Employee function is useless as I must have had the dumbest employee ever since he seemingly thought no ball was stuck..

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I sometimes get a ball stuck up in the top area of the table. I just nudge to get it moving again. Yeah, pretty realistic.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I love it when the ball gets stuck there!

One time that happened during Atlantis, so I was able to calmly try for all the specific shots and really got to see how the big scores are achieved in that mode.

The other place I've had a ball get stuck is right under the upper flipper. Again, if it's multiball I'll just let it sit and exploit points as much as I can.

Oh, I've also had a ball get stuck in the wire ramp right above the cellar door. That one I had to call the attendant for though.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
So long story short, I was having a pretty good game on Ripley's (three letters, which is more than I usually get) and when I activated Antarctica and it's two ball multi, one of my shots went into the first scoop near the idol that activates the amazing event.

Problem is, it didn't shoot back out. I lost the other ball and that second ball STILL didn't come out. The machine was still thinking I had a ball in play and worked like it should, eventually I got a message on the actual DMD that the table was searching for a ball, and I could hear the gears inside the machine messing about trying to find the damned thing. I let this happen several times and the ball wasn't coming...

First of all, it's amazing to me that these tables are so well recreated that even the error messages are present! Not only that, that these things can break like the real machines!

However, I do have to say that the Call Employee function is useless as I must have had the dumbest employee ever since he seemingly thought no ball was stuck..

This table is self aware and knows when you are having the best game of your life. It will proceed to hide the ball and make you re-set the game. The trick is to fool the table and let it think you are sucking. That way you'll get up in the points.

Seriously now, that sucks but i avoid it by avoiding Frog Frenzy, and not getting frisky with Antlantis. It has never happened to me on the scoop like in your case or so early in the letter count

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
My experiences with this particular bug were few and far between. I haven't encountered it in quite a long while. Some soft nudging usually takes care of it. Nudge while the table is doing its own ball search routine.

I have a love/hate feeling about the one-ball Atlantis. It's so fun to do but, I usually get the full game ending lost ball when I do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.