iOS - Bug I'm done! Won't play this table anymore!!!

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Alright, I'm done with TZ on the iPad!
Believe it or not, but I was on my first ball and managed to start litz !!!THREE!!! times and than BAMMMM!!11! the gumball machine camera bug happened! :mad:
What a slap in the face!!! I could literally throw the iPad out of the window!
Fix this FS asap!
I won't play it until it's fixed!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I had this bug a few days ago for the first time, don't know how I've managed to avoid it this long. Anyway, when it happened I thought my game was lost and just sat there nudging etc when all of a sudden it fixed itself. I also managed to get out of the Cirqus voltair 2 balls stuck on the highwire camera bug by nudging today, didn't know you could do that.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I had this bug a few days ago for the first time, don't know how I've managed to avoid it this long. Anyway, when it happened I thought my game was lost and just sat there nudging etc when all of a sudden it fixed itself. I also managed to get out of the Cirqus voltair 2 balls stuck on the highwire camera bug by nudging today, didn't know you could do that.
About 80% of the time, a ball stuck in the entrance to the gumball machine will resolve itself, although it can take a full minute to do so. Nudging to the right is sometimes effective as well.

karl

May 10, 2012
you should have waited 1 min and 10 sec and it would have sorted it self out ;-) (sorry to rub it in) I have had this happen about a dozen times and it always turns back to normal eventually. Sometimes it takes 10 sec and sometimes 2 min. I tend to pause, try to change camera view, call for help and nudge while it is stuck in frustration. I have no idea if any of that helps or if it is better to do nothing but it helps me blow off steam since I often get this right after litz and litz gets me a bit worked up sometimes :)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It kinda kills the multiball going on while your stuck on the gumball machine. Need a ALL ZOOM OFF option. I no longer play TZ because I know this will happen killing any chance of a run at the leaderboards on PS3 twice same game.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Sorry, that I was so rude in my first post.
Looks like I have to wait a little longer the next time.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I've requested that FarSight implement an option to toggle on/off the special events camera. Turning the special events camera off will eliminate camera bugs such as the one mentioned in this thread. Remember the Frankenstein camera bug on Monster Bash? FarSight disabled the special events camera on that table...problem solved!

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, I remember the MB camera bug.
An option to turn off the moving camera completely would be good. Don't know why this option isn't in this game. It was requested many times.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
So these game ending bugs can be fixed like they did with MB?

Yes...The bottom line is that the special events camera is still somewhat buggy on most tables that use it and would benefit everyone if the special events camera could be toggled on/off or disabled completely until the bugs can be worked out.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Yes...The bottom line is that the special events camera is still somewhat buggy on most tables that use it and would benefit everyone if the special events camera could be toggled on/off or disabled completely until the bugs can be worked out.

So there is a workaround even though I've been told numerous times on this site that there isn't?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
So there is a workaround even though I've been told numerous times on this site that there isn't?
You're speaking of two different classes of bugs. Pin Wiz is referring to the bugs related to the camera moving around. You're thinking of the bugs related to a ball getting "stuck" and the attendant being unable to properly fix the issue to resume normal play.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012

Yeah I would like that option. Bride is pretty much unplayable for multiplayer if the players are on a different head stage. Gets Stuck between turns more often than not.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Yeah, the camera bug just ruins the ball you're on (but it also makes the camera screwy for the rest of the game, even after it does "fix" itself)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
3 in 1 game only on multi-ball and I managed to catch the ball and wait for 5 minutes tried calling attendant nothing I had to let it drain before it reset cam, but on the next ball it stayed on plunger cam and that suuucks. then it wouldnt do the skill shot zoom or gunmball for a few go;s. OPTION ZOOM OFF!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I was playing a Stern Nascar table the other week and ran into a nasty 'bug'. For those not familiar, there is a ball saver mode that sends the ball from plunger all the way around the table to under the center drain and then back out where the ball normally would exit from the plunger. Unfortunately the magnets that do this were not working, so the ball would miss the exit by 3 inches, fall back down, into the center drain. It would repeat this over and over again, trying its best to continue the game, but there was nothing to be done.

The whole time this was happening, all I could think of was this forum and people screaming about it being a game ending bug! I sat for 5 minutes watching the table try and try (it was at a pizza joint with no one to 'attend' to the table) until by some freak occurrence the ball managed to sneak past a gate that triggered a second too late and the ball was back in play. 20 seconds later it went back into the ball saver hole! And this time I beat on the machine in as many ways I could think of to get that ball out of its eternal loop. Eventually it once again snuck past the gate.

I'm not trying to defend these special event camera jams or anything, but I did find it comical that on a real table, during a special event, I experienced something that so far only FarSight had been able to deliver!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I was playing a Stern Nascar table the other week and ran into a nasty 'bug'. For those not familiar, there is a ball saver mode that sends the ball from plunger all the way around the table to under the center drain and then back out where the ball normally would exit from the plunger. Unfortunately the magnets that do this were not working, so the ball would miss the exit by 3 inches, fall back down, into the center drain. It would repeat this over and over again, trying its best to continue the game, but there was nothing to be done.

The whole time this was happening, all I could think of was this forum and people screaming about it being a game ending bug! I sat for 5 minutes watching the table try and try (it was at a pizza joint with no one to 'attend' to the table) until by some freak occurrence the ball managed to sneak past a gate that triggered a second too late and the ball was back in play. 20 seconds later it went back into the ball saver hole! And this time I beat on the machine in as many ways I could think of to get that ball out of its eternal loop. Eventually it once again snuck past the gate.

I'm not trying to defend these special event camera jams or anything, but I did find it comical that on a real table, during a special event, I experienced something that so far only FarSight had been able to deliver!
Funny you mentioned it...I was playing a league game of X-Men LE last night and the flippers died in the middle of Weapon X Multiball. We ended up having to zero out my score and have me play another game.

In the very next round the AC/DC LE shafted another player in my group out of his ball save. He drained quickly (certainly within the time that AC/DC had been returning other players' balls) and the machine just sat there for about a minute like the ball was still in play, then advanced to the next player without even counting bonus.

We were both very calm about our malfunctions, but I admit I found myself thinking about TPA for a second or two...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.