PSN: Get $10 For Every $50 Spent

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
What a start we’ve had to 2013! We here at PlayStation Network have no intention of slowing down anytime soon, and we have a great new promotion and a number of great digital titles coming your way starting next month.
Starting February 26 and throughout the month of March, we’ll be offering you the chance to get $10 back for EVERY $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! This means that if you spent $100 you’d receive $20 back at the end in April. Everything from games, movies and TV shows — anything that accepts SEN Wallet funds — is fair game. If you were thinking of subscribing to PlayStation Plus, now’s a great time to do it. Grab the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/26/psn-march-savings-get-10-for-every-50-spent/

Pretty cool.

It's a good time to catch up on DLC, or preorder a digital copy of Bioshock Infinite or MLB 13.

Last edited:

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Yeah I read it earlier on the PSN blog. I tell you Sony knows how to treat their people.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
On the PSN blog, it has been confirmed that a $49.99 purchase will trigger the $10 reward as well.

That means that now is the perfect time to renew your PS+ subscription if you haven't already. You get 3 free months with it (Until March 4th) so 15 months for $49.99 and you get a $10 reward, too.

And if you're not already a PS+ subscriber, you should be.

Tabe

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
PS+ is great until its over, EXPIRED. Besides avatars and themes. Sony is trying a push for $ to subsidies PS4 and its going to work. BRILLIANT!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Here's how I see the whole PS4 "thing" playing out.

(Again, this is just my best guess and I'm usually wrong!)...
PS4 is released in time for Christmas this year.
Players WILL be able to carry over their PSN Plus account to the PS4.

The PS4 launches with emulation for most, but not all PSOne, PS2, and MINI emulation.
Since our Download List is tied to our account, Sony will allow us to download some of our existing games to the PS4.
Again, most of the PSOne Classics, and some PS2 Classics as well as most MiNIs.

6 Months later Sony announces their plans to allow players to transfer their purchased Ps3 DLC content to the PS4 by way of cloud streaming (Gaikai) for a small fee*. *$2.50 per title.

Most Sony SCEA/Sony Japan/Santa Monica software is supported w/ 3rd party companies to be announced.

Which is why I don't plan on buying a PS4 until they have all of this ironed out. It took them nearly a year to get mot of the PSOne, PSP, and MINIs transferable to the PS Vita, and they are still trickeling out slowly.

Sure I could play all of my PS3 stuff on my PS3, but I like to have my data consolidated and if I already bought a game I don't like the idea of paying again (other than a small "importing fee".)

I'm sure Zen Studios will release a new Zen Pinball 3 (with importing of old tables, as they did with ZP2).

I really hope Farsight doesn't drop the ball with this and is able to allow importing as well.
It should be interesting none the less...

Anyway, I'm doped up on Ambien so if none of his makes any sense I apologize... Haha ;)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, that's just great because I spent $250 in the PSN store earlier this month. @(*#%&#)%

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Spoonman, I think your scenario is pretty close to what we'll get when the PS4 goes live. Sony needs to recoup the $380m they spent on Gaikai so I can see them charging a fee for emulation. I definitely agree, though, that most of our stuff will get emulated or transferred at some point.

Also, there's no doubt that the PS+ will carry to the PS4. It's already platform-independent (one membership gets you PS3 and Vita) so that will surely continue.

Tabe

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Spoonman, I think your scenario is pretty close to what we'll get when the PS4 goes live. Sony needs to recoup the $380m they spent on Gaikai so I can see them charging a fee for emulation. I definitely agree, though, that most of our stuff will get emulated or transferred at some point.

Also, there's no doubt that the PS+ will carry to the PS4. It's already platform-independent (one membership gets you PS3 and Vita) so that will surely continue.

Tabe

I also look forward to the social features of he PS4. I hope Farsight incorporates these features, if they aren't already in each game as per default.

I can totally see myself watching someone else's pinball game in progress to get tips on how to complete a goal or watching some kick ass pinball replays on PSN/YouTube/FaceBook/here. :)

Also, with every game being playable on the Vita screen we won't have to worry about subpar Vita TPA graphics, but Farsight better add that TATE mode to the PS4 version though.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Got mine yesterday and have already spent it, snagging the last of the Zen tables I didn't already have.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, gonna be some Zen for me too! I've got a handful to get yet, but I know it won't be Street Fighter or Ninja Gaiden...hated those demos.

That leaves Cap America, Fantastic Four, Plants vs Zombies, Epic Quest, and Mars as the remaining tables. I know I'll get Epic Quest as everyone raves about it. So what should the other two be that will spend my $10??

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
For the PS3 I have a lot of em, Earth Defense, Fantastic Four, Star Wars Pack, Classic Pack, Sorcerer's Lair, PvZ, Epic Quest, Paranormal, Excalibur, and Mars. While I prefer most of the Pinball Arcade tables there is certainly some fun to be had with the Zen tables as well.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm not much of a Zen fan, but I thought Captain America was well made. Plants vs. Zombies is a snooze fest for me. Way too easy to keep the ball going.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts