Bug A Potential Master List of Bugs, Bugs, Bugs!

ATOMIC BOY

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Having been playing Cirqus Voltaire on iOS a lot more recently, I find it almost entirely unplayable. This is worse than any beta testing release of any game I've ever seen.

There are various threads here about bugs in this table, but I've got so many, I thought I'd just try to document what I've discovered in one thread. Please add to the list or keep this list apprised of fixes, workarounds, and updates:

- Camera Bug - Plunger
Around 80-90% of the time the camera does not return to the plunger after a ball is locked, or after a ball is drained. The ball can be shot out by hitting a flipper, but gives no control over strength of the plunger for a potential skill shot.

- Camera Bug - Ring Master
Even when camera angle is 'locked', camera always zooms into the face of the Ring Master when he's activated. This includes during multiball, hiding all action of the multiple balls active on the table.

- Camera Bug - Backglass
When the Cannon Ball side show is activated, the camera will not move to the backglass if a flipper is hit. Instead it lingers on the playfield where nothing is happening. Again, it happens 100% of the time if a flipper is hit as the camera would otherwise start to move.

- Camera Bug - Neon Multiball
When Neon Multiball is activated, 90% (possibly 100%) of the time the camera will move to the plunger, freezing the flipper controls, and stay at the plunger while the balls drain off the playfield, off-camera. WORKAROUND: This can be avoided by hitting the flippers when the camera tries to move. When you hit the flippers at that time, the camera immediately jogs back to it's original position and flippers stay activated.

- Cannonball Backglass Bug
When the Cannonball is activated on the backglass, it will sometimes fire right out the top of the machine instead of it's pre-ordained trajectory. Odd.

- Game Start Ghost Ball
If the flippers are hit rapidly as a new game is starting, the ball will fire out from the plunger, but the table will register scores and hits not from the ball in action, but from an unseen 'ghost ball' that is apparently bouncing around and is able to be hit by the flippers.

Never having played an actual table, here are some behaviors that appear to be bugs, but happen so consistently that they may actually be a feature of the real game:

- Two Balls Locked Multiball
Multiball from the wire ramp always activates by locking only two balls, though it announces "Ball two locked, one more for Multiball". At this point it will pause, the entire playfield will go through some sort of automated process of raising, lowering, shifting ramps and objects. This happens while there is a ticking sound playing under it all. Eventually an alert will come up on the scoreboard that the balls will be released, and then they are released. At this point a third ball is shot in automatically from the plunger or a previously locked ball from the Juggler will be released. Obviously 'one more ball' is not ever locked, nor is there ever a chance to do so.

- Side Show Locks Flippers During Multiball
When a multiball is occurring, and a ball is shot into the sideshow, it locks the flippers and all active balls on the playfield drain. Either a bug or a prioritizing of events built into the original table.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Well put together post Atomic Boy, CV is easily the buggiest of all tables released so far and has had no fixes for a long time. I actually emailed Farsight about 2 weeks ago with a similar list of bugs to yours although nowhere near as comprehensive and well explained. I hope they go back to it soon and sort it out, this table is getting on for a year old and is so buggy its barely playable.

You can get out of the 2 balls locked on the hirewire bug with a little nudge most of the time.

Please also forward your post to support@pinballarcade.com and steve@farsightstudios.com .

night

May 18, 2012
And an additional comment from mr. graphics here: the flipper shadows... they don't move with the flippers.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
There's also the case that the right shot into the bumpers can send the ball outside of the table. Also, the Boom Ballon sound efect of coming up is swapped with the knocker's sound.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Never having played an actual table, here are some behaviors that appear to be bugs, but happen so consistently that they may actually be a feature of the real game:

- Two Balls Locked Multiball
Multiball from the wire ramp always activates by locking only two balls, though it announces "Ball two locked, one more for Multiball". At this point it will pause, the entire playfield will go through some sort of automated process of raising, lowering, shifting ramps and objects. This happens while there is a ticking sound playing under it all. Eventually an alert will come up on the scoreboard that the balls will be released, and then they are released. At this point a third ball is shot in automatically from the plunger or a previously locked ball from the Juggler will be released. Obviously 'one more ball' is not ever locked, nor is there ever a chance to do so.

- Side Show Locks Flippers During Multiball
When a multiball is occurring, and a ball is shot into the sideshow, it locks the flippers and all active balls on the playfield drain. Either a bug or a prioritizing of events built into the original table.
These two issues are not "features" of the real Cirqus Voltaire.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
I remember when this table came out on iOS originally and it was no way near as buggy and very playable after maybe 1 or 2 updates. People then complained it was too easy, and then future updates seem to have made it harder and buggier.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
not even mentioned is the feeling of playing on the moon, the ball acts more like a damn balloon. I really like this table's theme and the play of it but I can't even enjoy it. I would deal with the rest of it should my ball actually ever have gravity acting upon it, but multiball is impossible to get control. it's seriously like balloons bouncing around, very very disheartening. at the current juncture CV and RBION are completely unplayable, and funhouse is a crash demon. I cant tell you the number of times I have chucked **** across the room because I'm dominating Rudy and during multiball get 20% battery warning, guaranteed to crash.

that being said overall the last update improved stability most notably with screen lock resume. don't. punt on multiball coming back tho, or funhouse regardless of ball count...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.