Round 6: Vote on your questions for Bobby King

Pick 5:

• Possible to implement ball spin in the current engine?

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • More camera viewing angles / user adjustable camera?

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • Vita issues (graphics, bugs, etc.)

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • Blutooth controller support for mobile?

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • New game engine for next gen consoles?

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • possible to customize physical table settings?

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Scripting errors in Black Knight? ROM Emulation possibiliy?

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • PC Version: release issues, plans, etc.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • When will the graphics be finished for the Twilight Zone?

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Will the older tables (i.e. TOM) be updated to the newer physics?

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • Multi controller support for consoles being worked on?

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Communication/PR issues

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • PS4 social features

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Current status of Gottlieb emulation?

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • Let us vote again for upcoming tables?

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • More offline modes? (Challenges, Local Tournaments, etc.)

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • Updating missing artwork and improving lighting on older tables?

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • status of physics and bugs in CV?

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Number of Farsight employees and plans for the future?

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • prevent hacking on the leaderboards?

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • Difficulty settings and adjustments?

• Improving sounds?

• Replacing the carpet on mobile?

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • The Gataway: High Speed II?

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's time to vote on which questions will be selected for the next round of the Forum Interview with Bobby King from Farsight! Please select 5 Questions from the poll. Bobby will answer the top 5 questions when he gets time.

Some questions were either combined or condensed to save space in the poll (the forum only allows so many characters per question, so the questions will be expanded when they are presented to Bobby).

Thanks again for submitting your questions, and to HOW (Andy) for the idea, and another big thank you to Bobby for graciously agreeing to take part.

Note: Please do not complain about the questions. I only add questions that the community provides. It's up to you (the voters) to decide which questions are the best, and there's no need to complain if others vote for something you don't like.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Thanks Jeff!

And please show some love for those poor Vita owners, people! Don't they deserve a statement from Bobby?

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
A bit bummed that my question in the votes got so truncated that I almost didn't even know if it was what I was asking.

I originally posted- would they let us do a series of polls to vote/request tables that aren't in the top 50? - (maybe even not in the top 100)

Otherwise it just looks like asking for another round of voting, which I'm sure we'd all like to see as well. But since they've stated their mission to bring most of the top 50 tables to TPA, I'd like to see us get a chance to vote for more variety and for sleeper games that aren't necessarily in the top lists.

Anyhow, I'm sure if it gets picked the full question will be used... :rolleyes:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
A bit bummed that my question in the votes got so truncated that I almost didn't even know if it was what I was asking.

I originally posted- would they let us do a series of polls to vote/request tables that aren't in the top 50? - (maybe even not in the top 100)

Otherwise it just looks like asking for another round of voting, which I'm sure we'd all like to see as well. But since they've stated their mission to bring most of the top 50 tables to TPA, I'd like to see us get a chance to vote for more variety and for sleeper games that aren't necessarily in the top lists.

Anyhow, I'm sure if it gets picked the full question will be used... :rolleyes:

Yeah, check the first post. There's a text limit on the poll, so I had to trim it and make it more generic for now, but of course the full question will be be used when it's sent to Bobby, so fret not.

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
Early results don't look good for Vita owners looking for some answers. Sad face.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Last year some of us heard a couple of long radio interviews with Bobby up to 45 mins each where he answered dozens of questions. These regular 'just 5 questions' session are great, but is there a possibly to have a longer session with Bobby which could be recorded so no one needs to type up the transcript, and that way many more questions could be covered. Not sure of the feasibility of this or if anyone has the time to do it, but thought it worth mentioning.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
That's a great idea SilverBalls. A recorded Q & A could certainly be good PR, especially if it was linked to from the Facebook page.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Good idea. I could ask him if he'd be willing to do a Skype session with me.

Edit: I emailed Bobby. If he agrees, I'll ask him all these questions instead of just the 5. If we do this regularly, we can still have the "post your questions" threads, but we won't need to vote since I'll be able to ask a lot more questions.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Update: Bobby said it was a great idea!

Sounds like we're going to do it next week. He wants me to go ahead and send him the questions now.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Update: Bobby said it was a great idea!

Sounds like we're going to do it next week. He wants me to go ahead and send him the questions now.

Wow, that's nice of him. So you'll ask him the full versions of the questions listed above?

night

May 18, 2012
That's great Jeff. I had a hard time just picking 5 questions as all are good ones.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Here are just few ideas for some of the questions that might be able to be bounced off the answers Bobby gives....

For the 'improved mechanical sounds'. Some sounds that could be enhanced or added are the mechanical scores resetting in EMs at the start of a game, the flipper hum, better synchronised ball rolling sounds, plus would they consider adding an option to separately control the volume of mechanical sounds vs ROM sounds?

For the additional camera angles, is the possibility of adding a user defined camera view technically feasible or would that involve a lot more development effort for each table going forward.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Here are just few ideas for some of the questions that might be able to be bounced off the answers Bobby gives....

For the 'improved mechanical sounds'. Some sounds that could be enhanced or added are the mechanical scores resetting in EMs at the start of a game, the flipper hum, better synchronised ball rolling sounds, plus would they consider adding an option to separately control the volume of mechanical sounds vs ROM sounds?

For the additional camera angles, is the possibility of adding a user defined camera view technically feasible or would that involve a lot more development effort for each table going forward.

Given the fact that you could adjust the angle and zoom in real time on the original release of the Table Exploration feature, this should already be possible with only saving user preferences on a per table basis needing to be implemented...and of course, pending Bobby's approval.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Voted.

(But my biggest issues, by far, are the UI and overall art/design package. The game needs a makeover, and a lot more polish.)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
The votes are going to be pointless anyway, since Bobby already approved of answering ALL of the questions.

karl

May 10, 2012
Great news Jeff. Looking forward to the Skype Session. We could not ask for a better suited voice representing the Forum members. Thanks also to Bobby for being a great sport. This will be a blast. No pressure to make this good Jeff ;)

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
The votes are going to be pointless anyway, since Bobby already approved of answering ALL of the questions.

Nobody said he would answer them all as far as I am aware. The top votes would still be good to know so Jeff can know what questions are the most important to us. So if it's a big issue he can spend more time getting info on those matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.