Android update...did something get changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I was playing RBION after the update.
I know the table didn't download again, but it felt...well different. Were there any changes made to the overall physics engine? Is that governed within the main app or the table itself? I know each table is tweaked individually, but i could have sworn i saw some hints of a spin effect and some subtle differences in how the ball was bouncing off the flipper that seemed different.

Other than the promotional prices, was anything in the background changed with this update?

N

netizen

I am not noticing any spin being animated, but it seems as though the idol magnet is releasing the ball differently. IIRC the ball is usually just dropped, but in the games I played since reading your post I had several random releases that were not at all what I was used to seeing. Some would drop straight back to the flippers, some would spin around the magnet and go up into the bumpers, some would go shooting out horizontally and wind up in the sling shot(s).

I checked out a game on my phone, which I hadn't updated yet, and the Idol just drops the ball back to the flipper nice and easy. So maybe this was a once in a while thing on my Nexus 10, or maybe you're speculation/observation is correct and there was a change in the back end/engine.

ETA: I just played a full game of CV with no glitches of camera freakouts. Juggler multiball, Highwire multiball, cannon sideshow etc all things that usually caused glitches and game ending errors.

Ryan, were there some engine changes behind the scenes on this update?

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I didn't notice any spin animation, but i've had some moments of sudden acceleration/deceleration on the flippers which initiated the question.

However on a side note i did play my first game ever of CV on android (it was the last table pack i re-bought).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts