Operator mode/FF-off/post on leaderboard?

Twenty2AcaciaAve

Mar 6, 2013
I notice that when I turn on operator mode in Scared Stiff it tells me taht if any changes are made to teh default settings that the scores (fortunately) can't be posted onto the online leaderboard. Since FF-mode-off is the default setting when in op-mode, then isn't it possible to have your score posted on the leaderboard as long as you don't change a thing? In other words, you could play with family friendly mode OFF and still be able to post your scores posted on teh leaderboard?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I notice that when I turn on operator mode in Scared Stiff it tells me taht if any changes are made to teh default settings that the scores (fortunately) can't be posted onto the online leaderboard. Since FF-mode-off is the default setting when in op-mode, then isn't it possible to have your score posted on the leaderboard as long as you don't change a thing? In other words, you could play with family friendly mode OFF and still be able to post your scores posted on teh leaderboard?
Having operator mode active is itself enough to disable the leaderboard. The actual ROM settings don't matter; the game just looks at whether operator mode is on or not.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
No you cant have family mode off without any other changes and post to the leaderboard. I agree it would be nice maybe just that option to turn on or off in the option screen without affecting leaderboard posting like the ball option.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I wish it would count towards the leaderboards and goal completion as well with Family Mode "off." The extra lines of dialog really make a difference while playing and I don't like to play it with them removed.

While we're on this topic, are there any tables in The Pinball Arcade that have Family Mode enabled and it actually makes as much of a difference as SS? Meaning, it really cuts a lot of dialog out of the table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.