How hot is your gadget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
The guys who make Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot also make an interesting app called NenaMark2 that puts your graphics chip to a quick stress test and gives a score, so I downloaded it to see how my two Android devices compare.

The first time I tried it on my stock Nexus 7 it ran at 55.3 frames per second, but I wasn't surprised to see that others were getting numbers above 60 fps by rooting and/or overclocking. After a reboot I ran it again in airplane mode but it only ran a tick better at 55.8 fps.

The Droid RAZR MAXX (which does a pretty good job with TPA) ran at 34.2 fps the first time, but this time I DID see a gain after a reboot and turning off all radios with a score of 36.9 fps, although phone calls still take priority over pinball for the most part, so I doubt I'll be taking much advantage of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwic2UubmVuYS5uZW5hbWFyazIiXQ..

N

Nik Barbour

54.6fps average - Nexus 7 stock JB4.2.2 - unlocked & rooted

K

Korven

55.1fps; Nexus 7 stock JB 4.2.2 unrooted.

Edit: rebooted with airplane mode on; 55.3fps.

Last edited:
N

netizen

55.4 , and after reboot with radios disabled the numbers didn't change at all on my Nexus 10

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Time for me to bring those numbers tumbling down :(
My Sony xperia u, clocks 28.6 not too bad for a £10 a month contract phone (including call time & unlimited texts).
My Archos 80,g9 tablet gets 31.8. Time for me to start saving for some upgrades I guess.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
ASUS TF700 (1920x1200 resolution) stock OTA Jellybean 4.1.1 unrooted - 52.3 FPS

Timelord

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Time for me to bring those numbers tumbling down :(
My Sony xperia u, clocks 28.6 not too bad for a £10 a month contract phone (including call time & unlimited texts).
My Archos 80,g9 tablet gets 31.8. Time for me to start saving for some upgrades I guess.

Just wanted to point out that even with the lower frame rate on my Android devices, that the tables still play smooth, even TOTAN with all its transparent ramps, So should be all systems go for transparent ramps on CC :D

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
While I am delighted with the Jelly Bean version of Android on the Nexus 7, I wasn't sure I wanted to see it come to my Droid RAZR MAXX (which was actually a Gingerbread phone for the first month I had it.) The update to Ice Cream Sandwich was a big leap forward in the user experience, and is close enough to Jelly Bean that I would have been happy to keep it for fear that a further update incorporating the "Project Butter" enhancements at the core of Jelly Bean would push the phone's hardware beyond its comfort levels. But today Verizon made the decision for me, and when I realized what was happening I was almost in a panic!

But my fears were allayed a little after a game of Attack from Mars where I managed to bump up my high score a bit. The game seemed to be playing great! It was time to put it to the Nenamark2 test! The results?

The first time I ran it I got a figure of 37.6 frames per second, and after a reboot and turning on airplane mode it ran at 37.7 fps. These figures represent a performance boost of five to ten percent versus before the update! Outstanding!!

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
The Pinball Arcade convinced me to get a tablet, so I got the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 7" model, running Jelly Bean.

Resolution 1024x552
FPS 36.4

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Duchess...

While the Kindle Fire **IS** android your home app store is not the same as most android devices.

The kindle has a lot of layering that prevents the full android access.

Follow the link and try. You may have to approve installation from unknown sources for the app to successfully get installed.

Good luck!

Timelord ...

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
17.7 FPS on i3 2100t with AMD HD6570 running on BlueStacks. No wonder that TPA lags like crazy ;)
(Just use it so I can see how the new tables look, playing with a mouse is hard hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online