Bug Android Version 1.11.2 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.11.2 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Motorola Droid3, os 2.3.4
"The Pinball Arcade" v 1.11.2 from Google Play.

Very frequently, when I launch the Pinball Arcade app, it acts as if I've never launched it before. Steps:

1. Example for the very first time I launch the app: the app launches, it shows me the "what's new message", I dismiss msg. I go into a pinball table and I see that the default settings are "sound: on", and "nudge: touchscreen". I change both to off. And I exit the table, and exit the app. This is all expected behavior.

2. Example where I launch the app, after having run it already previously: the app launches, I select a table to play, and I see that the settings I had changed are retained: "sound: off", "nudge: off". I exit the table, exit the app. This is all expected behavior.

3. Example of bad behavior, where I launch the app after having run it already preiously. The app launches and it shows me the "what's new message". I dismiss it, and select a table to play. I see that the options have reverted back to the defaults "sound: on", "nundge: touchscreen". This is the bug.

Scenario #3 happens about 75% of the time. It almost feels like the game doesn't cleanly save off the settings when it exits.

N

netizen

Motorola Droid3, os 2.3.4
"The Pinball Arcade" v 1.11.2 from Google Play.

Very frequently, when I launch the Pinball Arcade app, it acts as if I've never launched it before. Steps:

1. Example for the very first time I launch the app: the app launches, it shows me the "what's new message", I dismiss msg. I go into a pinball table and I see that the default settings are "sound: on", and "nudge: touchscreen". I change both to off. And I exit the table, and exit the app. This is all expected behavior.

2. Example where I launch the app, after having run it already previously: the app launches, I select a table to play, and I see that the settings I had changed are retained: "sound: off", "nudge: off". I exit the table, exit the app. This is all expected behavior.

3. Example of bad behavior, where I launch the app after having run it already preiously. The app launches and it shows me the "what's new message". I dismiss it, and select a table to play. I see that the options have reverted back to the defaults "sound: on", "nundge: touchscreen". This is the bug.

Scenario #3 happens about 75% of the time. It almost feels like the game doesn't cleanly save off the settings when it exits.

This isn't a bug. It is normal TPA behaviour so long as the APP closes properly and exits device memory. There are NO persistent settings in TPA regarding sound, nudge etc.

DarkHunter

Mar 15, 2013
Device/OS: Galaxy Note 2 / 4.1.1

Bug Description:
In every game and on every table the left flipper stays up after a while as if I didn't lift my finger from the touchscreen.

This thread discribes the Problem very good: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-flipper-stay-quot-flipped-quot-during-a-game

Steps To Reproduce:

Quoted from the linked thread:

To make a flipper stay upward swipe (can either start on the left or right slide of the screen) from left to right,right to left without letting go (horizontally) or vise versa - at the low point of the screen. Depending on which side of the screen you start or how many times you swipe back and forth at will determine which flipper will stay upward("flipped"). After swiping and letting go of the screen will make one flipper stay in the upward "flipped" position. It will stay upward even after losing a ball. The flipper will go back up even during the plunger view.

Frequency:

This happens accidently in every game on every table, which can be very annoying.

Additional Comments:

If nudging via touchscreen is enabled, there is often also a nudge instead of flipping. If I turn nudging completly off, the flipper will definitetly "hang" every now an then.

Please excuse my english...

Will this bug fixed in one of the next releases?

Thank you and kind regards
DarkHunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.