iOS Version 1.2.5 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your iOS version 1.2.5 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
While Cactus Canyon looks good on my ipad mini, the brightness in the center of the table could stand to be turned down some. It's like someone's shining a spotlight on the center of the table around the CC logo. Makes the colors a little too garish too.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I think Central Park will become the new hate object in here. What a drain monster!

Which other 4 tables were fixed? Were any of these bugs adressed:

- DrDude: Multiball camera issue
- MM: Troll bomb issue
- FunHouse: Loop timing issue

Did Genie become any easier?

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Yea, the colors look a bit washed out on CC in the centre. Also, the side ramps might also look better if they were more transparent,like CFBL.

Another annoying bug,the app periodically forgets which tables I own, I have to click on each one, then it shows up in owned tables section once again. Otherwise, great update.

night

May 18, 2012
CC: Side ramps need more transparency and lighting. The Cowboy can use some spotlight too. Centre of the playfield needs to be toned down a little. Not that any of our suggestions will ever happen but I just like to talk to myself a lot so there you go.

night

May 18, 2012
Also, the side ramps might also look better if they were more transparent,like CFBL.

Please.. no! CFBL has one of the most hideous transparency ramps on this planet and beyond. FunHouse for example has some transparent parts that are well done, they actually 'look' transparent instead of semi-transparent grey-chrome stuff.. Actually, FH has some of TPA's best graphics. (Where did the FH artist go? Get 'm back.)

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Please.. no! CFBL has one of the most hideous transparency ramps on this planet and beyond. FunHouse for example has some transparent parts that are well done, they actually 'look' transparent instead of semi-transparent grey-chrome stuff.. Actually, FH has some of TPA's best graphics. (Where did the FH artist go? Get 'm back.)

Alright I take it back and agree with you completely. I've never played funhouse, but the ramps do look much better. Do they have different guys doing these graphics? It can't be that difficult to maintain consistency.

night

May 18, 2012
Alright I take it back and agree with you completely. I've never played funhouse, but the ramps do look much better. Do they have different guys doing these graphics? It can't be that difficult to maintain consistency.

We don't have this information, but my guess is that it has been done by a different artist with more time on his/her hands. The '2 tables a month' production schedule has had a dramatic effect on the artwork quality. (With a couple of well done gems, ATFM for example). I will not start b!tchin' on the artwork of CC, but let's face it, put it side-by-side with FH and you know what's missing..

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I think Central Park will become the new hate object in here. What a drain monster!

Which other 4 tables were fixed? Were any of these bugs adressed:

- DrDude: Multiball camera issue
- MM: Troll bomb issue
- FunHouse: Loop timing issue

Did Genie become any easier?

Dr Dude - big shot guy animates. That's all I have.

night

May 18, 2012
iPad2 iOS 6.something

Just played CC some more, the table art is very low-res in some areas, especially right above the sherif's star, the 5 different words and the title 'Cactus Canyon' these are unreadable. And all the other little words on the playfield, impossible to read.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
As far as the updates, I know that version numbers of AFM, BS, and STTNG went up. If DD now has the Big Shot guy animated now, that's probably the 4th update then.

From what I can tell, that annoying kickout bump in the right orbit in AFM is, well, 90% gone. It still does the kickout when the ball rolls down at a kinda medium speed. I think this is FarSight's way of adding randomness. There's no reason it should do this unless prgrammed there specifically. It was probably toned down due to the outcry.

BTW, this same "random" bump occurs in the left orbits of ToM, MM, CV and the right orbit in MB. It just doesn't seem to bother anyone. Always bothered me tho'.

P.S. Also occurs in the left orbit of CC. Very annoying.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
As far as the updates, I know that version numbers of AFM, BS, and STTNG went up. If DD now has the Big Shot guy animated now, that's probably the 4th update then.

From what I can tell, that annoying kickout bump in the right orbit in AFM is, well, 90% gone. It still does the kickout when the ball rolls down at a kinda medium speed. I think this is FarSight's way of adding randomness. There's no reason it should do this unless prgrammed there specifically. It was probably toned down due to the outcry.

BTW, this same "random" bump occurs in the left orbits of ToM, MM, CV and the right orbit in MB. It just doesn't seem to bother anyone. Always bothered me tho'.

P.S. Also occurs in the left orbit of CC. Very annoying.

I sent an email to FS about this on CC during the iOS beta. I'm not sure if it is intentionally there or not.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Actually, FH has some of TPA's best graphics.

I absolutely agree. It also has a different default camera position that feels more realistic. This has baffled me about TPA: the table executions are so inconsistent. I would have thought that the company would have a stock physics engine, camera setup, etc., and just plug them into each set of table variables. But it's as if each table was designed from the ground up by a different company. If I play, for instance, a table from Age of Pinball or Pinball HD, the physics and cameras of each of their tables are identical and they all have a definite visual style. But TPA tables seem to be all over the map.

With the monster computational power in current computers, I would think that the TPA simulations would be hyper-realistic. But instead, some of the TPA tables look like they could have been part of Microsoft's Pinball Arcade back in 1993. I don't get it.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I feel you guys, and I'm kind of scratching my head too about some of it. I swear someone from farsight is actually quoted as saying the opaque ramps in these tables are due to hardware limitation. Now we simply know that's a bunch of balogna, when other tables have it. Arabian, Theatre, Bride, Funhouse all feature transparent ramps.

Who knows. But yea keep making noise guys cause these issues certainly are real and should be addressed. Especially Gofers. The filled in ramps on Cactus are only partially opaque, they still feature a bit of transparency, plus they don't cover half the play field like in gofers. I'm serious making shots with that upper flipper is a total crap shoot, and the outlanes, I have no idea when or if I should nudge. I'm talking about Gofers I know it's an old release but, it's a table I like made seriously hindered by poor graphics choices that simply shouldn't be/

Last edited:

Anni2712

Aug 8, 2012
Was there some change to graphics quality in attack from mars? When flipper is in up position, you can see "saw" edge. I did not notice this before on ipad3.. And that right orbit kickout bump maybe better but still enough to piss off :(

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
image.jpg

A. Blurry type, unreadable. I have no clue what it says.
B. Transparent ramps look opaque and chrome. Too dark as well.
C. Playfield too bright, tone down, will benefit the lighting effects as well.
D. Cowboy needs a spotlight, lacks attention.

Flippers could look more bright. More shadow/lighting illusion in the table artwork, see Taxi and FunHouse.
Weak graphics quality, lot's of blurriness in the table art, bad texturing/transparency illusion.
The guns float: where are the shadows from the gun-grips on the light parts below?
What is the 'thing' at the end of the train-rail, left? A clump of.. what? A station?
This table is an early sketch, far from finished. Best thing about CC is the DMD.

I don't care how good it looks on the consoles, we are on the mobiles! BIG audience, BIG platform.
Create table art for the mobiles instead of stripped and crippled versions of something much better.

FarSight: bring back the quality of the early tables like TOM, FH, TOTAN, what happened???

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
The color correction on CC is messed up. --the blues are too saturated and instead of warm colors for the skin tones, they're yellow.
Almost as if the table they used for the scans was left out in the sun. Or since it's the wildwest and before antibiotics, perhaps she contracted Hepatitis? :D

This is how it should look...
vy5d8x.jpg

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
CFTBL
Ipad Mini - ios 6.1.2

Camera zoom issues fixed but table still does not play Rock Around The Clock on the third ball like PS3 verion does.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
In Cactus Canyon, the DMD on the back glass isn't animated like it has been in most of the recent tables.

Jay

May 19, 2012
No Good Gofers ramps are completely solid and it makes the table literally unplayable for me. At least Canyon has SOME transparency.

And that's what I meant about consistency. The ramps on Funhouse are transparent. So if they could do it for that table, CFtBL and mostly too for Canyon, why not for Gofers? The same with camera angles: every table seems to have a different "camera 1" position. I just don't get it.

That said, when they get it right (as with Funhouse) TPA is the best pinball simulation ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.