Android Version 1.12.0 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Android version 1.12.0 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Central Park.
played it once.
Using Bluestacks.
that means my sorry behind can use only one sorry flipper at a time.
I reached the maximum allowed free-to-play score on my first sorry go.

I understand Farsight wanting to leave us wanting more, but maybe this threshold is set just a wee bit too tight.

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
LOL with Jutter !

Playing with Blusetacks IS quite the challange, no?

I've been playing both tables since the beta was released. Love the new individual table management ability. I hadn't downloaded the newest rez of CC yet and was able to able to do that without having to download all the tables or lose any of my local scores.

Kudos !

Love the new rez on CC. Sorry but Central park leaves me cold.

Rock on Ryan !

Timelord ...

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
To me TPA is a museum as much as it is a game. I LOVE it when I can not only read about those older tables, but also PLAY them!
If Farsight wants to put some golden oldies out there... don't let me hold them back.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Hi Jutter.

i have been playing pinball since the 1950's and believe me I agree that TPA is the premier and best computer and or electronic emulation of these fine tables. I have played all of FS's releases in real life and although not a "competitive player" have an extensive experience with these and many more tables. Please allow me to express my opinion that Central Park leaves me cold in terms of flow and game play.

I totally understand that everyone has different tastes and levels of appreciation for each and every table. There are many EM tables that have not yet been covered. Many have better play values than Central park, IMHO.

Looking forward to each and every table, and hoping for better tables than this one.

Cheers to you!

Timelord ....

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
To me TPA is a museum as much as it is a game. I LOVE it when I can not only read about those older tables, but also PLAY them!
If Farsight wants to put some golden oldies out there... don't let me hold them back.

That's EXACTLY how i feel. It's flawed, i know, but for someone who is a pinball junkie it's one hell of an experience. Sometimes i just want to play something, to waste a minute or two, but my hand is automatically going into TPA direction and i find myself in another world. Crazy but true.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Kudos for making the custom balls purchasable (thus rellevant). But the tournament champs do need some trophy to set them apart. I'd suggest a marker next to top-player's names that reveals a detailed popup, which could offer space to all kinds of digital trophies... For a top 20 spot, a top ten spot, and seperate ones bronze/silver/gold for the table top 3, and a platinum one for the tournament champ.

Also kudos for releasing another EM classic. Commercially it's probably a braver decission, than sticking to tables with music and rampshots; for nostalgia's sake I applaud it. In order to really cater to the nerdcore crowd, basicly the cultural nucleus that provides streetcredit, you need to make bold moves like that from time to time.

And I like the new background carpet for Android. Much nicer. But the facebook friends thingy still won't work. Maybe I'd need to remove/re-add people manually?

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
It has been several versions since I last tried TPA on my phone. This is my first time seeing the new menu layout so forgive me if this has been mentioned before:

It baffles me that you can't select table from the scrolling list and have it get displayed. Instead you have to scroll the list until the one you want is in the middle of the screen. That seems counter to pretty much everything everywhere. I should be able to tap on a game and either have it highlighted immediately or have that one jump to the middle of the screen display and then get displayed.

And, oh yeah, the quality of the music on the main screen is awful. Really, really, really bad.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
I haven't reached the high free score on Cactus Canyon yet. Very tough game, but I will pick it up shortly. Just as a general nag, is there any way to make the ball a little bit heavier on the physics side of things? I was playing real machines yesterday, and the feel of the ball took a bit of getting used to after TPA physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.