Bug Kindle Fire Version 1.12.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Kindle Fire version 1.12.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Device/OS: Kindle Fire, Nook HD+

Bug Description: When you start the game it claims that BH, RBION, and ToM are on sale for half price. In the game the prices are listed as half their usual price but once you click buy Amazon wants to charge the full price. Also HD is said to be table of the month and unlocked for unlimited play which it is not. It also claims that TOTAN is now free which I believe it already was in the Amazon version.

Steps To Reproduce: Start the game, try to buy one of the sale tables, try to play HD.

Frequency:100%

Additional Comments: Obviously the text and graphics in the game were not modified properly for the Amazon release. Also the sale prices do not appear valid on Amazon. I really hope these tables actually get put on sale. As it stands right now you may end up with angry customers who get charged double what they are expecting to pay for the sale tables.

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
Device/OS: Kindle Fire HD 7"

Bug Description: Occasionally the tables will "skip" or "stutter" or freeze up for just a fraction of a second while playing. I have also noticed that I have to restart the game entirely more often because the game freezes up. Usually I have to restart my Kindle entirely in order to exit the app because touching any part of the screen does not work.

Steps To Reproduce: There really aren't any. It's totally random as far as I can tell. This didn't happen until the last batch of new tables (Dr. Dude! and Firepower) came out. Ever since then it's been happening.

Frequency: Occasionally.

Additional Comments: Just that I have to completely shut down and restart my Kindle Fire in order to do anything. Also, the menu scroll seems to freeze or stutter as well sometimes. I can run my finger down the screen to scroll through the games, and nothing happens. Or it just skips and stutters through the scroll. Sorry I am not better at explaining things.

PS...I have not noticed what MWink stated in his comments about certain games being half priced. I have never gotten a screen notice about that at all. AND sent bug report to the email specified above but I doubt it will get any response. It never does. At least that I have noticed. This forum is the ONLY place I have ever received any response from.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I have re-submitted, hopefully that will resolve itself, it shows the proper price on our dev portal. Check back later today and let me know, may have to contact Amazon

Device/OS: Kindle Fire, Nook HD+

Bug Description: When you start the game it claims that BH, RBION, and ToM are on sale for half price. In the game the prices are listed as half their usual price but once you click buy Amazon wants to charge the full price. Also HD is said to be table of the month and unlocked for unlimited play which it is not. It also claims that TOTAN is now free which I believe it already was in the Amazon version.

Steps To Reproduce: Start the game, try to buy one of the sale tables, try to play HD.

Frequency:100%

Additional Comments: Obviously the text and graphics in the game were not modified properly for the Amazon release. Also the sale prices do not appear valid on Amazon. I really hope these tables actually get put on sale. As it stands right now you may end up with angry customers who get charged double what they are expecting to pay for the sale tables.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
It should be in the big text screen on boot up. As far as the frame drops I have had other Kindle users have this issue, make sure nothing else is running in the background. Reboots help. Sometimes people have their tablets pretty loaded up and it can effect our game unfortunately.

Device/OS: Kindle Fire HD 7"

Bug Description: Occasionally the tables will "skip" or "stutter" or freeze up for just a fraction of a second while playing. I have also noticed that I have to restart the game entirely more often because the game freezes up. Usually I have to restart my Kindle entirely in order to exit the app because touching any part of the screen does not work.

Steps To Reproduce: There really aren't any. It's totally random as far as I can tell. This didn't happen until the last batch of new tables (Dr. Dude! and Firepower) came out. Ever since then it's been happening.

Frequency: Occasionally.

Additional Comments: Just that I have to completely shut down and restart my Kindle Fire in order to do anything. Also, the menu scroll seems to freeze or stutter as well sometimes. I can run my finger down the screen to scroll through the games, and nothing happens. Or it just skips and stutters through the scroll. Sorry I am not better at explaining things.

PS...I have not noticed what MWink stated in his comments about certain games being half priced. I have never gotten a screen notice about that at all. AND sent bug report to the email specified above but I doubt it will get any response. It never does. At least that I have noticed. This forum is the ONLY place I have ever received any response from.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
But just to let you know Theatre of magic, black hole, and ripley's are now half off. I just reset them again and it says that they are approved, I would wait a handful of hours and test again =) thanks for letting me know MWink =) those are the kinds of things we can't test until we are live....annoying that

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
I did just get the popup about the games being free/half off as well and same thing when I went to get them they showed at full price. So yes this is happening to me as well, Ryan. Also, just had to reboot again because of the stutter freeze problem. I just got this Kindle as a replacement from my old one because it had a scratch in the screen so this is a brand new Kindle Fire HD. Not fully loaded down. I also don't have anything else running in the background. Even turned off wireless.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I just tried again and the price change appears to have finally gone through. I got ToM and RBION for half price (already had BH). Thanks for getting things worked out. HD still isn't free but I assume that's just because the Amazon version doesn't have a "table of the month."

In regard to Duchess' comment, I have noticed that the game will sometimes lock up when scrolling through the tables. The game will just stop responding completely but the device will continue to work. I have to force TPA to close before it will work again. This has been an issue in all of the recent versions of TPA (since the new UI) but I have yet to experience it with this version, though that may just be because it's only been out a couple days.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ill have to forward that on to the ui guy thanks! And glad to hear the price finally went through thanks for letting me know.

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
Sorry but HD Still shows as $2.99 for me. As well as the other tables are not showing as half off or whatever they were supposed to be. It would have been nice to get them ...although I already own RBION. Now TOM is showing as $1.49 in game and on Amazon, HD is still not showing as free. BH is showing at 1/2 off as well. Got BH and ToM though. Now if I could just get the HD for free that would be great.

Last edited:

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
Tried again this morning..the graphic on the right side of the game says "Free Table Of The Month!" However, when I click on the table, it says "Would you like to purchase this table for $2.99? And when I go to Amazon to get it, it still says $2.99. Would love to get this "Free" table....

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Tried again this morning..the graphic on the right side of the game says "Free Table Of The Month!" However, when I click on the table, it says "Would you like to purchase this table for $2.99? And when I go to Amazon to get it, it still says $2.99. Would love to get this "Free" table....

If you're referring to Harley Davidson 3rd Edition, it's the Table of the Month and is available for unlimited free play with ad support until the next Table Add-On pack is released. When you click on the table, simply select "Play Free Version" and you'll be able to play the table without the score limitation, but you won't have full access to the table once another table has been selected as the next Table of the Month unless you purchase it.

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
Was playing last night and got the popup about that I had reached the score limit for this table and to buy it if I wanted to keep playing. So there is a problem.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
its a bug, that icon shouldn't show for Amazon. There is no table of the month on amazon because we couldn't use ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts