Newsletter #13 riddle for April release

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Here's the hint given in the newsletter that went out this evening.

It's opposite day! Table Pack 13 will include a new table that has the opposite of a space theme and a re-released table with a theme that will take you to into the darkness.

I can honestly say I'm stumped. What exactly is the opposite of space? Inside the earth? Am I forgetting about an obvious table?

Go to it, pinball sleuths.

Edit: After some thinking I'm pretty sure that the re-release will be a space theme since it's "opposite day." That means either Space Shuttle or Pin*Bot. My money is on Space Shuttle, since a shuttle actually takes you "into" space.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
But if it's opposite day, doesn't that mean the "new table" is a re-release and the "dark" one is the new table?

Maybe that's looking too far into it.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Earthshaker as the opposite of space, and I am inclined to agree with Bass mummy about Space Shuttle as the re-release.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
By going into the dark I immediately thought of Whirlwind as a big part of the game is going into the cellar which is a dark, underground place. Of course Space Shuttle could be the game that you go into the darkness of space.

Opposite of outer space is inner space? Like that old Martin Short movie where you go inside the body? As long as it isn't Hard Body...I can't think of any inside the body type games although it could have made an interesting theme. Other ways to think of the opposite of space would be vacuum with no atmosphere or sound. Could be something related to elements like White Water, Fire, Earthshaker? Or openness vs crammed space like Championship Pub? Lots of ideas on that. A very vague clue.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
...or, the "opposite day" remark could mean that the new table isn't the opposite of space and the re-released table will take you into the light (sun?)...hmmm

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Both Whirlwind and Victory have been previously released on Williams and Gottlieb collection respectively.
UM... but then Rudy Yagov may have a point...

I'm guessing Space Shuttle (yea !) and White Water...
It is too early to consider Centaur, right?

LOL, whatever it is, I'm "all in" anyway!

Timelord ...

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I had an out-of-order whirlwind right under my nose tonight. Kinda left me wishing for a good TPA recreation.

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
It's never too early to consider Centaur. Or maybe all work has stopped at Farsight because all employees are gathered around the Centaur machine, kneeled and chanting something in Latin, something scary. I hope not I want Centaur! Get to work you lazy Centaur minions :)

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Riddle me this and riddle me that
farsight take a trallallla in a hat (better make that a high-hat)
i am patient, just so you know,
So I can wait for what you'll show.
(and in the meantime visual pinball will ty me over. Even if that doesn't rhyme)

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
For re-releases, this is what we have to work with:

The following tables will fill out the table packs through December 2013. What happens after that is sketchy, but I'm willing to bet that Table Add-On Pack #21 will be the final pack containing a Pinball Hall of Fame table.

Pin●Bot
Space Shuttle
Whirlwind
Sorcerer
Ace High
Victory
Tee'd Off
Goin' Nuts
El Dorado City of Gold

Jive Time (which I am actually pretty fond of now), Play-Boy, Strikes 'n Spares, Xolten and Love Meter won't make it into The Pinball Arcade.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
For re-releases, this is what we have to work with:

It won't be Tee'd Off because they just bought one. Won't be released for a couple of months at the earliest. I also doubt that Goin' Nuts will included anytime soon, seeing as only 10 were made.

Neither of those two are likely given the clue, though.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Farsight mentioned a while back that White Water uses the glass for part of the game and think its one of the tables theyre excluding for the time being. Can anyone remember that or know its true?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Farsight mentioned a while back that White Water uses the glass for part of the game and think its one of the tables theyre excluding for the time being. Can anyone remember that or know its true?
Whitewater does not have an interactive backbox if that's what you mean, and the playfield glass is just a standard piece of glass. The Insanity Falls ramp does tend to throw the ball into the glass, but that's something that could be easily taken care of in the collision mesh.

ben

Mar 18, 2012
On most releases, the 2 tables in a pack have something in common or the theme of that release :
* Circus Voltaire and Funhouse (both were places that offered entertainment for the whole family or a group of friends)
* Gorgar and Monster Bash (the main character(s) were monsters)
* Black Knight and Creatures from the Black Lagoon (both contained 'black')
* Harley Davidson and Taxi (both were vehicles)
* Elvira and the Party Monsters and Scared Stiff (I think this is the actual match-up, both Elvira tables - but it was changed)
* Big Shot and No Good Gofers (once again, I think this is the actual match-up, both were sports where you hit the ball with a stick)
* Twilight Zone and STTNG (these were spread into 2 packs, but they matched up well, both were TV series made into pinball and enjoyed a great success)
* Attack from Mars and Genie (both were big supernatural/alien things with a certain color, martians were green and genies were blue)
* Dr Dude and Firepower (not sure about this one)
* Cactus Canyon and Central Park (both were name of places)

So, if it was Space Shuttle and White Water, what do these two have in common? Double letters (SS and WW)? Any other possibilities beside these two?

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
It's opposite day. ;)
In outerspace you have low pressure (vacuum) the opposite of high pressure which can be found deep in the ocean.

Last edited:

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I am a little too tipsy too explain this in great detail right now, but white is the opposite of dark, so I am willing to bet money that the next two tables are Whitewater (which many people beleive is one of the blurred out tables in Shutyertraps post) and Space Shuttle. There is a possibility of Pinbot instead of Space Shuttle, but I am keeping my money on Space Shuttle. And I hope it utilizes their new emulation technology that they talked about in the recent Jeff/Bobby interview.

I like this line of reasoning. I haven't been able to come up with anything that actually even makes sense, but this is good.

silverjaguar7

Sep 26, 2012
SpaceShuttle and WhiteWater are both SS. I don't think well get both in one time. sorcerer has a fire breathing dragon however... it has to be a rerelease so choices are limited.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Ehh, sorcerer is also SS and so were most table packs:
#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #8, #9, #11 :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts