PC How will the pc graphics look ?

Soxbrother

Mar 16, 2013
Hello,

I was wondering if the upcoming Pinball Arcade PC game,
will have similar graphics like the following screenshot of the Pro Pinball Kickstarter project ?

Or will we see such graphics in the future of the Pinball Arcade Pc version ?

It would be awesome to have such graphics in the game,
then we would almost be playing a real pinball.

Here is the screenshot ( P.S.: this is not a photo, but a pure computer generated image )

a9fe0bf5fc5ab69eb7bb2dd0899c0502_large.png

Greetings,
Soxbrother

night

May 18, 2012
This is a screenshot from Pro Pinball's Timeshock, it will hopefully be released soon for the mobiles.
What you see is pre-rendered, TPA has dynamic graphics and will not come close to this quality. However, the quality should be good if the PC version will have the same quality graphics as the consoles. For the Mac it's just an iOS port. I hope this will change in the future.

Soxbrother

Mar 16, 2013
Thanks for the info.

Maybe in the future they will release tables with such graphics,
that would be awesome.

Greetings,
Soxbrother

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Its the future fifth anned table that is supposed to be designed by pat lawlor. The original four were designed by the makers of pro pinball

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Its two different styles for sure. I still think TPA tables look fine and being able to change cameras without reloading the table is something I like. Some tables also "zoom" in a way I like. By that I mean the camera simply moves upward when the ball is near the top of the playfield.

That said. Time shock is looking good.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
That screen shot is stunning. Pre-rendered yes, but none the less stunning. And it's very impressive what they can do with that prerendered engine, as far as lighting. As someone who keeps the camera locked, and doesn't like all the jarring camera switches and really only uses one angle, I would be very happy if TPA went that route but I realize I am in the minority.

As for the PC engine. I think it's going to be improved console code. However, people expecting it to look as good as the PS4 version are going to be dissapointed. They are doing an entirely new engine just for PS4, and I don't know if they would port that code to PC since it would have to work for modern high mid/high cards which would limit their potential customers on PC. Although with that said you'll have fan mods and all sorts of goodies on PC, and hey I could be wrong about the graphics engine. It's just realistically that's what I would expect.

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
If this Timeshock version is released, I hope we will be able to buy some mods for the roman chariot and the ptéranodon.
If not it won't be a good simulation: In real life, a so beautiful pinball can't keep so poor toys on playfield :cool:
This screenshot is really amazing.. :eek:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
As for the PC engine. I think it's going to be improved console code. However, people expecting it to look as good as the PS4 version are going to be dissapointed. They are doing an entirely new engine just for PS4, and I don't know if they would port that code to PC since it would have to work for modern high mid/high cards which would limit their potential customers on PC. Although with that said you'll have fan mods and all sorts of goodies on PC, and hey I could be wrong about the graphics engine. It's just realistically that's what I would expect.
Keep in mind that the PC version will also eventually be used for cabinets, and cabinet owners will expect maximum possible visual quality. Also, the PC version theoretically can be improved/updated as time goes on; unlike a console where the hardware is what it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts