Bug Drop targets don't always drop

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Anyone else notice sometimes that the drop targets don't always drop, even when you hit them directly?

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
I've noticed that too, but only on the "B-L-A-C-K" section of the targets. The lower playfield drop targets are much more responsive.

I've played some pinball simulations that have had that same problem as well, such as the drop targets in Pro Pinball: Timeshock!; I've even played real tables that have had drop target issues as well. It's a minor bug since it does register around 80-85% of the time, though.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, seems to happen to me every single game, and I also see it on the "H-O-L-E" targets. Lower playfield targets are fine though.

deathindustrial

Apr 14, 2012
Hit this bug all the time on the PS3. This is super frustrating since it makes getting multiplier bonuses far more difficult than it should be.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, this one is definitely getting old, along with the ball going through the lower playfield flipper. Hopefully Farsight can give this table a tune up soon.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This is why each platform/device needs their own forum. It's kind of confusing when people reply to threads like this saying they're having the same problem, but not saying which platform or device they are using. This makes it harder for FarSight to pinpoint which platforms or devices are having certain bugs or issues.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Good point. In this case, it's happening on all platforms.

I currently have over 4,000,000 on Black Hole and have yet to see the drop target or the ball going through the lower playfield flipper issues on the Xbox 360. Maybe I've just been lucky. :)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I currently have over on 4,000,000 on Black Hole and have yet to see the drop target or the ball going through the lower playfield flipper issues on the Xbox 360. Maybe I've just been lucky. :)

I've had the flipper issue on the 360, but only because I was trying to make it happen to test. I can't remember about the targets on 360 (I've only been playing the PS3 version since it came out).

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
BLACK HOLE Standups don't register direct hit

The Black Hole standup's don't always register a full on hit. I mostly (only?) notice it on the HOLE standups. The 3/4 times this has happened I hit it straigth on with a pretty hard ****, smack dab in the middle of the standups and nothing goes down. Not as big as any of the other bugs on this table, but might wanna look at it while you are at it.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I've noticed this with the B-L-A-C-K standups as well. The hit zone for them seems to be overly small.

Tabe

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
totally agree with all the comments, the hit box is too small, and sometimes when you hit more than one at a time they don't drop, and in a game where hitting them in the right order has such an effect on you're score, it would really be nice if they worked a little better.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Anyone else notice sometimes that the drop targets don't always drop, even when you hit them directly?
All of the bloody time Jeff. I hate black hole. Had six games just now and never got over 200k!
I can't stand it. I was trying to complete the basic goals.
I'm not playing it til its fixed. Sick of the ball going through the lower play field flippers too.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
I spent probably 3 solid days of playing this table just to get the last wizard goal and I mostly blame it on those damn targets not dropping when hit. (75% blame is for this, 25% of the blame is for what I think, is a curse on the table) It's so incredibly frustrating when you hit the target you need solidly and it doesn't register the hit, bounces off a jet and hits the wrong target which does drop, making advancing the G much more tedious.
I hadn't been this pissed off at a videogame since Motorstorm over 5 years ago which drove me to sorta break the controller.

I did finally get it though, so I'm glad I'll never be playing this table again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts