My second table has arrived...

SquareWire

May 31, 2012
Oh God what have I done again..

Friend of mine was selling his WW for a price I could not refuse so I went for it. Plays without faults, playfield is excellent but dirty as hell, needs to be cleaned&shopped and it'll be good as gold.

Also, a little bit of a work needed on the head cabinet.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Hey, hey. Good choice. I have 3 Pins and this is still my favorite. Dirt can be cleaned off so no worries there(just takes a bit of time). If there is no playfield problems beyond that, you have done an excellent purchase. Mine had problems south of the mine, at the left orbit and where the the ball lands after the up kicker drops the ball among other places, so I ordered a replacement Playfield just now. PS! The first thing I would do If I were you is replacing all the drop targets and the lock targets if you want it to look accurate. How much did you pay for it? Anything below 3000$ is a bargain. PS! Not hard to get a replacement topper but getting one with flowing water effect is a nightmare (I have yet to find one) You have some fun times ahead. Super happy for ya. Let us know how it turns out

Last edited:

SquareWire

May 31, 2012
Hey, hey. Good choice. I have 3 Pins and this is still my favorite. Dirt can be cleaned off so no worries there(just takes a bit of time). If there is no playfield problems beyond that, you have done an excellent purchase. Mine had problems south of the mine, at the left orbit and where the the ball lands after the up kicker drops the ball among other places so I ordered a replacement Playfield just now. PS! The first thing I would do If I were you is replacing all the drop targets and the lock targets if you want it to look accurate. How much did you pay for it? Anything below 3000$ is a bargain. PS! Not hard to get a replacement topper but getting one with flowing water effect is a nightmare (I have yet to find one) You have some fun times ahead. Super happy for ya. Let us know how it turns out

Thanks for the kind words. The playfield is very nice with no damage, excellent inserts etc otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Yeah, all those dodgy droptargets will be replaced with ones matching the originals.
Price? £790 which is around ~1200 USD. Another £100 for shipping and I'm expecting around £200-300 for the complete stripdown&clean&overhaul&joinery work(which is needed to the head cabinet). Lot of work but at the end of the day, it'll worth it . Will post pictures and videos as soon as I can. I think it'll be ready within...4 weeks(ish).

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Nice. Newport South Wales here. Good price on the WW. Are you going to the UK pinball party in August? Tickets are for sale now.

SquareWire

May 31, 2012
Nice. Newport South Wales here. Good price on the WW. Are you going to the UK pinball party in August? Tickets are for sale now.

Thanks! Not quiet sure, I'm going to attend to this event which is coming up right this weekend http://www.londonpinball.co.uk/
I've been to the UK Pinball party last year and to be honest it was a bit of a disappointment, nothing major though.
Let me know if you're in London and fancy a go on my TAF. In fact, everybody's welcome.

SquareWire

May 31, 2012
Nice buy! Your going to pay someone to shop it out?

Thank you, yes it'll be the same person who has restorated my TAF. Lovely old fella, running a tv service station but since these new lcd tvs can't really be fixed (I mean not like the old crt tvs) he hardly ever had enough work so he turned to fixing pinballs. Turned out he is quiet good at that too.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Thanks! Not quiet sure, I'm going to attend to this event which is coming up right this weekend http://www.londonpinball.co.uk/
I've been to the UK Pinball party last year and to be honest it was a bit of a disappointment, nothing major though.
Let me know if you're in London and fancy a go on my TAF. In fact, everybody's welcome.

Looks like I'm just down the road from you Sqaure. Good purchase there. I've seen some real gougers on the refurb front. Clearly you've got a good chap there

SquareWire

May 31, 2012
Looks like I'm just down the road from you Sqaure. Good purchase there. I've seen some real gougers on the refurb front. Clearly you've got a good chap there

Hey Chris, yeah it seems you're not too far away, pop in sometime for a drink! Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts