PS3 (NA) Version 2.08 And 2.09 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
PS3 (NA) version 2.08 and 2.09 are AVAILABLE NOW!

Title Update 2.08 (263 MB) changelog :

● Added Star Trek : The Next Generation - available for purchase on March 19th.
● Added Star Trek : The Next Generation Pro - available for purchase on March 19th.
● Added Attack from Mars - available for purchase on March 26th.
● Added Attack from Mars Pro - available for purchase on March 26th.
● Added Genie - available for purchase on March 26th.
● Added support for Tournaments.
● Updated Table Exploration
● Brand new UI.

Title Update 2.09 (277 MB) changelog :

● Updated ball reflection

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
So what does the new UI look like? Anyone care to post a screenshot? And support for tournaments, finally!!

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
* New UI is the bland blurred squashed monochrome version as on Android. It looks okay on a 5" phone but on a screen 32" upwards it looks cheap.
* Awful rendition of Pinball Wizard soundtrack added to main menu. Probably ripped at 128kbps by the sounds of it.
* Added function to show you don't own Pro Mode.
* Table Goals Stars do not light up on main menu.
* Challenge mode button has mysteriously vanished.

Not impressed.

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
* New UI is the bland blurred squashed monochrome version as on Android. It looks okay on a 5" phone but on a screen 32" upwards it looks shambolic.
* Awful rendition of Pinball Wizard soundtrack added to main menu. Probably ripped at 128kbps by the sounds of it.

Wow... Honestly you can't sell a proper console game with a menu like that.. :eek:

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I kinda wish they made the my tables section less clunky. Maybe having the triangle button going into the goals instead of making you cursor over to it. At least let up and down still work when you are over the goals to change tables.

Grid like zen would still be best

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Great so now it looks like a mobile pfft! C'mon man! Hey the monochrome background will look better than color ERRRR! WRONG. I like how the tournament button shows something other than Will be available when more tables are released unfortunately it shows the tournament is over with only 3 people who competed. Table goal stars ummm what? BAD moves all over this update now the consoles are clumped in with mobiles...the downward spiral of effort and quality continues.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Got the update but don't see STTNG yet, maybe tonight.

The graphics in the menu are the lowest common denominator, looking gruesome on my 47" in 1080p. This needs to be fixed at some point.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
This crap might look fine on your tiny mobile screens but it looks 16bit on a big screen HDTV! Who in thier right mind thought this was better? I cant be positive about this change when EVERYTHING about it sucks and is worse. Change it BACK! Consoles should highlight what you can do better with a more powerful system. This is a downgrade!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Agreed the new menu looks very cheap and dated. Also where is STTNG??

DLC is usually released late afternoon/early evening in the US. Patches come out earlier in the day or the day before. Why? It's the Sony way! But they do need the patch to hit before the table or you wouldn't be able to play the table after you bought it and downloaded it.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
On a positive note, the ball through the flipper fix should be in this update...I haven't had a chance to try it yet though.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Not sure about ball through flipper but I do know it still flies through the table on Black Knight.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
The music in the main menu sounds awful, it is nowhere near 44khz. Sounds like listening to music while holding the line on a telephone :S

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Looks T E R R I B L E ... :(
As I said from day one. They only care about the iOS and Android versions since they apparently make them the most money. The consoles, erm console gets no love whatsoever.

This was obvious from the start when they didn't bother increasing the resolution on the pinball flyers from 360px. They ended up looking like GIFs from a 90's BBS. They do things backwards. Starting with low resolution images and low bitrate music and then blow it up on the big screen. So sad to see this...

Perhaps they are doing this on purpose so that when they release their PS4 version in December it will look that much better?

There is a flipper fix in this? The changelog (Title Update 2.08 changelog) doesn't reflect any fixes.
I'm pretty sure we should all give up hope on Black Knight ever getting fixed, so maybe they could at least allow us to delete it from the roster. It's just a poor reminder of a once great table.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Hey FS how about some NEW music! The song is from your first pinball game a decade ago and the one after that...3rd times a charm eh?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Hey FS how about some NEW music! The song is from your first pinball game a decade ago and the one after that...3rd times a charm eh?

Better yet, how about allowing us to play OUR OWN MUSIC??! Most PS3 games do this and they've been saying "We're looking into this" since Summer of 2008...

Seriously though, this can be implemented in about an hour and Sony has support and easy instructions in their developer libraries. I use this feature on Zen Pinball all the time.

I applaud anyone who can play more than 10 minutes of Big Shot, Gorgar, or Central Park without some music playing in the background!

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
So this is the second update on PS since iOS got the new flipper physics. And it's still not on console.

I think it's time we realize FS really could care less about consoles. This was made abundantly clear in Jeff's interview with Rob.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
So this is the second update on PS since iOS got the new flipper physics. And it's still not on console.

I think it's time we realize FS really could care less about consoles. This was made abundantly clear in Jeff's interview with Rob.

Actually, the newer tables will have better physics (STTNG, AFM, and Genie), plus it seems as though pretty much all the older tables have been brought up to the same level of physics as the mobile versions (TOTAN, MM, BH, FH, etc.) ...and the ball through the flipper bug should be fixed on all tables. Semi-new tables such as EATPM, Taxi, Big Shot, etc. already have physics similar to their mobile counterparts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts