Bug Star Trek: TNG bug thread

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
sorry if this a dup thread .

My bug is PS3 specific .
after ending the game and depressing launch the game stays in a frozen attract mode . However , unlike stuck in attract mode bugs seen previously this time I can launch balls, but not flipper control , there is no DMD shown.

reproduced by hitting (xbutton) start before the score screen has a chance to be on screen for more than a few seconds .

hitting CALL ATTENDANT feature does not fix
Hitting exit game resets and fixes the bug.

The game is patched to 2.09 patch
HDMI on HD tv
1080p res set.

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I had a bunch of issues in my dozen or so games - not getting a free ball for 450m, getting a 9m bonus on a score of 60m but ending up with a final score of 67m (the exact same score as previous game???), and so on. I agree with others that have mentioned they thing the flippers are short - they do so seem to be. I also think there's either lag or some kind of visual trick with the upper flipper as I am constantly late shooting it. And there's still the usual mess that is the flipper interactions/physics with balls coming off at unrealistic angles and so forth. I actually had a ball last night that I caught on the upward movement of my flipper and it rocketed down. Completely wrong.

And I still don't get the pink/purple hue we see to stuff.

All that said, I like this table. There's a lot to do and it's fun. And, pink/purple aside, the table looks great. Just doesn't play as well as I think it should.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
On EU 1.07 Camera gets stuck showing balls being launched in several multiball modes. Which means you only see about 1/3 of the table from a slight angle and have to flip the balls to the best of your abilities until some event occurs that triggers a new camera position. Like in TZ, except in TZ you can switch camera angels during the plunger view to allow for a overview of the whole table from afar.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
On EU 1.07 Camera gets stuck showing balls being launched in several multiball modes. Which means you only see about 1/3 of the table from a slight angle and have to flip the balls to the best of your abilities until some event occurs that triggers a new camera position. Like in TZ, except in TZ you can switch camera angels during the plunger view to allow for a overview of the whole table from afar.

I've had the same thing happen several times, below is my configuration info. It seems much more likely to happen with Borg multi-ball if I don't hit any jackpots with the torpedo launcher at the start. I does happen in the other multi-ball modes too though.

PS3 NA Version 2.09 @ 720p resolution
Multi-ball Cam: Off
View: #2 Locked
Custom Ball: Yes

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I've had the same thing happen several times, below is my configuration info. It seems much more likely to happen with Borg multi-ball if I don't hit any jackpots with the torpedo launcher at the start. I does happen in the other multi-ball modes too though.

PS3 NA Version 2.09 @ 720p resolution
Custom Ball: Yes

Agree with you assesment above. Observation is that it has allways occured for me during Cardassian multiball (2 balls).

My configuration:

PS3 EU Version 1.07 @ 720p resolution
Custom Ball: No

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
I've had this sudden view change happen on all but 2 of Final Frontier mb's. When I drain to 2/3 balls a shot up the alpha ramp or into centre hole seem to get it back to normal view.
Another problem I have is that on the highest look down view, the table is too low & I can't see flippers. There is no option to move the screen on my telly & having to play on a view I'm not used to. Not a serious problem, more of an annoyance!

bailorgana

Sep 18, 2012
BUG: During a high scoring game, I've had a fast ball break right through the advance in rank hole wall, into the left orbit and come back to the top right flipper. Usually, as I'm not expecting this, it ends up in a missed speedball down the drain.

bailorgana

Sep 18, 2012
I also just witnessed a ball go straight through the Neutral Zone switch and back down the Right orbit on Monday night.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
At least some of these have already been reported on the ST:TNG board. You guys should probably take this discussion there.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Oh right, it's just you who's been posting here recently. We don't really do table bug threads in the platform forums now, but rather in the table forums. That way all the ST:TNG bugs are in one place, for instance, and there's less duplication, since table bugs usually occur across multiple platforms.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.