The Ice Mine, Connellsville PA

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Has Twilight Zone, Iron Man, and Dirty Harry.

Impressions:

Twilight Zone is, of course, amazing. As someone who has never played a real TZ, this table lives up to the reputation and then some. The operator has it set to loud, and I mean LOUD. This thing reverberates throughout the entire arcade, and is a real joy to play and experience. It's as if I'm "one" with the machine, it puts you in the zone, pun intended. I had a small group watching and it felt so good, because when I left the machine, suddenly people were playing.

Bringing pinball back, to the youth and to those who have forgotten :).

Iron Man set to easy, still a complete drainer. Those outlanes... sheesh. You think Star Trek on Pinball arcade is rough...

Dirty Harry is quite an interesting machine. Didn't spend too much time with this one but, a ton of stuff going on, a real rollercaster of tangled wires and ramps. Interesting...

Does training with Pinball Arcade translate to skill with a real world machine? Absolutely. I was crushing TZ, had a 20 minute ball going at one point, and had to walk away from the machine on ball 2 with 3 extra balls. I let my girlfriend take over and even though I was getting snacks, I could hear her quickly train all 4 balls in quick succession >_<! I'm such a bad boyfriend...

Something special about that table. If you've never played a real one, you're definitely missing out (though I'd assume most of you have). It's just so... big. A big, huge, fun, amazing toy. And Jesus what kind of freaking sound system is in this thing. I've never heard something quite as awesome and loud as that Jackpot music :)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Lucky you. Location pins are almost never cranked to high volumes. It really does add to the experience. All you then needed would have been a completely dark room for the ultimate connection. :)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
After playing Twilight Zone or even Dirty Harry, you go to play Iron Man and it feels so... cheap. I don't mean the gameplay, I mean the pinball machine; feels junky. Like, it's made out of cheap parts. The machine itself is so light...

Did not have this problem with Avengers. Avengers felt solid, strong and well built just like a Williams or Bally. Then again, it was an LE. So I guess I've really answered my own question...

I can literally throw Iron Man around like it's nothing. I feel like I could probably lift up the machine and throw it out the window. Meanwhile nudging on Twilight Zone makes my arms sore.

BTW got 800 million on TZ today. Not bad, considering the issues with the table. Every shot to the second ramp, I've mentioned, puts the ball in the power field, even when it's not lit, due to a broken part. This means dramatically fewer Piano shots, 3-way combos, jackpot opportunities etc.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts