Unable to buy table packs. Help

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
I just bought an IPad with retina display and every time I try to buy a table pack I get an error that says unable to complete purchase. Followed by another message that says Farsight couldn't connect to iTunes Store. Anybody else have this problem.

I was hoping that I could finally put my Pinball Arcade troubles with the Vita behind me then this happens. I did get to play STTNG through my $100 dollar donation and it was beautiful.

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
I can enter the iTunes Store with no problems. I only have trouble buying in app purchases for TPA.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I had a problem since the latest iOS update a few days ago. I couldn't update or make any purchases. It wouldn't even let me purchase some crappy free app I wanted to check out. But if your problem is only with TPA, then your issue must be different.

I'll tell you what fixed mine just in case it is the same problem. This solution sounds stupid but it did work for me.
Go into the settings app. Then go into general. Then set time and date. Turn off auto set date and time. Change the year to 2020. Then exit the settings app. Wait a few seconds, then go back into the settings app and change time and date back to auto set. Then exit settings. After this bit of silliness I could then connect to update and make purchases again.

Last edited:

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
I uninstalled the game and changed the clock in settings and tried again but no luck. Also STTNG is now saying I have to buy it again. I'm going to sleep and will try again tomorrow.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Try logging out of TPA. Then manually close the app by double clicking on the home button on your ipad. Close the app. Then reopen the Pinball Arcade app, then log back in.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Any table you have already bought should be available in either version of the app. But sometimes one will work better than the other. I've had this problem in the past. Download the other version and login to that. Sometimes this will let you restore purchases.

If none of these things work then PM Rob Mann from FarSight. He will be able to fix you up.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Is it possible that you have more than one iTunes account? I had a friend that had a problem where he bought the app with account A, but account B was signed in on his iPad and didn't recognize that he bought the app, so he couldn't buy DLC for it. Just a thought.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I'll tell you what fixed mine just in case it is the same problem. This solution sounds stupid but it did work for me.Go into the settings app. Then go into general. Then set time and date. Turn off auto set date and time. Change the year to 2020. Then exit the settings app. Wait a few seconds, then go back into the settings app and change time and date back to auto set. Then exit settings. After this bit of silliness I could then connect to update and make purchases again.
I had to do this recently as well but not because of issues with TPA. I had apps which showed they needed to be updated but when selecting them to update, they wouldn't download at all. This date change fixed it for me and needs to be done periodically it seems. BTW, I'm still on iOS 6.1 so I don't believe this issue has anything to do with the iOS version

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yeah that is what happened to me too MadS. I thought it only happened during recent updates. It has only happened to me this one time. Very strange.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Is it possible that you have more than one iTunes account? I had a friend that had a problem where he bought the app with account A, but account B was signed in on his iPad and didn't recognize that he bought the app, so he couldn't buy DLC for it. Just a thought.

I have this problem too. To get around it, I have to have both the free and the paid version installed on my device. When I want to buy DLC, I buy it on the free version which then transfers over to the paid app. Problem solved

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
Thanks for all the help guys. I finally got it to work by downloading the free version and buying tables there then playing the paid version.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Glad you got it working.
How are you enjoying the new ipad? The display is great but the shake nudging is my only real complaint.

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
The display is great but I will miss nudging with analog sticks. That will get me to still play on the PS3 but not as much as I use to.

Lydonis

Mar 26, 2013
Hi there,
None of this solved my issue. Since the game update i can't restore my purchase or buy new table. Any ideas ?

[EDIT] The game tells me it needs to be online to buy or restore my purchase. I can connect to every apps on my device, there's no problem with this except for this game. I love this game, i'd like to play again! Thanks for helping me.

(Sorry for my english ! ;) )

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hi there,
None of this solved my issue. Since the game update i can't restore my purchase or buy new table. Any ideas ?

[EDIT] The game tells me it needs to be online to buy or restore my purchase. I can connect to every apps on my device, there's no problem with this except for this game. I love this game, i'd like to play again! Thanks for helping me.

(Sorry for my english ! ;) )

Have you tried deleting the app completely and re-downloading it?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts