Which of these three wizard goals is the easiest?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I play on an iPad1 (i.e. iOS) and I have only three wizard goals left. Which one do you think is the easiest to make on iOS:

- 3M goal on Genie - Closest attempt: 1.4M
- Battle for the Kingdom on MM - Closest attempt: Missed the very last shot :(
- Looping on Funhouse - Closest attempt: Cleared this goal but it got reset. After the new update I have only cleared the 2nd loop.

The Genie goal seems like the most impossible. I can't believe what FS was thinking with this goal!

I have made it to BFTK some 10 times but I am never able to keep any troll bombs (due to the well known bug). Once or twice I have accidently been able to bring one but to no avail.

The Funhouse goal seems like it should be the easiest one but the loop is so difficult to hit. Not only because it is a difficult shot, one has to rely on rythm rather than visual or audio cues. Not every loop shot is equally fast around the loop though which makes it somewhat difficult to loop twice, quite difficult to loop three times and more or less impossible to loop four times.

I am not sure if it is worth my time to actually attempt to clear these three goals since 2/3 are more difficult than they need to be due to the bugs.

Which one do you think is the least difficult?

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Funhouse takes the least amount of time so I would say that's the easiest. Still took me 2 or 3 straight days of frustration to get it done. I haven't completed MM or Genie's goals yet.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Probably the looping, though if you play MM enough, getting to the Battle is easy though time consuming, completing it just takes prep.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I wouldn't say it only takes prep. I think it is really difficult to create Troll bombs, not so much because it is difficult to hit the targets but rather to do it without accidently starting the Trolls.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I'm sure this has been stated but i'll ask again. Why are the troll-bombs necessary for beating BFTK?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm sure this has been stated but i'll ask again. Why are the troll-bombs necessary for beating BFTK?
In the second stage of Battle for the Kingdom, the trolls will pop up, partially blocking your shots on the castle. The trolls will not go down by hitting them, you must use troll bombs to lower them.

Add to this the fact the balls can get stuck behind the trolls and that if you are down to one ball, you only have 10 seconds to make each castle shot, and you really really really want those trolls gone.

K

Korven

FH looping by far. I never gotten close to BFTK and the 3M on Genie is not even on the map. Just got the 1M looping score twice in my last game, however im on android maybe it's a whole different thing on iOS?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
The FH looping used to be decently easy but with some update that was done a while ago it has turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. I don't know if they made the flipper angle different, if they changed the visual or audial cues or something but it is very difficult to get the timing right even for one shot, little less 3-4 in a row!

I finally, FINALLY, won the BTFK after two really close calls and some 200-300 games over the last year. The trick was to go for the troll bombs (obviously) and if/when I accidently activated the trolls I'd let it roll down the right loop, bounce it on the right flipper and then cradle it on the left until the trolls were gone.

The 3M goal seems like it won't even be worth going for at all since it appearantly won't be registered anyway. Now I am off to see if I can find a good trick to get the looping on FH to work despite any actual cues.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I might be the only one that's been trying for the 3mil goal. But there are certain tricks to keeping the ball alive. Mainly tilting at exactly the right moment as the ball is just about to drain down the left side. This might be kinda obvious, but keeping the ball in the upper left play field.

I wouldn't be able to tell ya how close I've gotten though cause I've got a few problems I'm dealing with. I don't have sound after the last update, and I clicked the Icade option (just out of curiosity). Now there's a keyboard in the way of everything!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I clicked the Icade option (just out of curiosity). Now there's a keyboard in the way of everything!

Click the "keyboard" button on the lower right to drop the keyboard. Go back and turn off the icade option in TPA. Force quit and relaunch TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.