Super Jackpot Question???

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I just had a weird thing happen tonight while playing AFM on the PS3. I lit Super Jackpot during regular multiball. As I drained my next to last ball, thus ending multiball, I hit my last ball into stroke of luck awarding me Strobe Multiball immediately. During this Super Jackpot stayed lit and continued to cycle throughout as it normally does during multiball. I did hit it and was awarded the Super Jackpot. My question, is this normal? Would the Super stay lit if you enter strobe multiball just after ending regular multiball. And I'm not talking about the Lyman Sheats grace period either. It stayed lit for about 15 seconds till I hit it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It might well still have been Lyman's grace period. Last Chance lasts 12 seconds, and Strobe Multiball's starting up may have paused the timer for a few seconds. AFM is very polite about stuff like this.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Being that Strobe Multiball is only awarded randomly, this would be very hard to purposely duplicate. That being said, I have noticed the Super Jackpot window being VERY generous after multiball ends.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Strobe Multiball is always the third Stroke of Luck, and Video Mode is always the first SoL after Super Jets activates. If the two conflict, Video Mode plays first, followed by Strobe MB on the fourth SoL.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Strobe Multiball is always the third Stroke of Luck, and Video Mode is always the first SoL after Super Jets activates. If the two conflict, Video Mode plays first, followed by Strobe MB on the fourth SoL.

Wait what? You just blew my mind! In my world, scoop awards are random.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
That grace period really held on. The super was lit on the right ramp when regular multiball ended and I didn't hit it till it was lit on the inner loop/ramp. Good to know, not that I can see that ever happening again. :)

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Even when you are one jackpot short of lighting the super and MB ends, you STILL have a couple seconds to shoot at that last one, and it will STILL light SJ with the grace period... so yes, this game is very lenient about these things.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.