[BOUGHT ANOTHER] My second pin.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Just bought a Demolition Man this week. I finally had a chance to play it for a good session yesterday and I'm happy it's now in my collection. I'll post photos of it eventually, but haven't had a lot of time this week to do much of anything.

I'll also add more to this thread. But I wanted to share the news with you guys!

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Delivered!
20130325_202353.jpg

Re-assembled.
20130328_222143.jpg

The playfield. It's a little dusty.
20130328_222124.jpg

Keeping my F-14 company. Really need to move these to their permanent spots.
20130327_222633.jpg

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
My first upgrade will be happening as soon as the chips I ordered arrive. The current software is P3 which is a preproduction version so there is a lot of sound and lighting effects missing right now. I've ordered the latest ROMs on Tuesday. The good news is I already like the table even with stuff missing.

Another thing I need to do is fix some of the burnt out lamps. Not sure if I am going to LED this one. Well fully anyway. I think I'm going to throw in Super Brites in the rollovers because the ramps kind of block them from view which makes the lane changing difficult. Might even try to throw in a mirror ALA Theatre of Magic.

I also want to change the Hot Wheel inside to the proper red Olds 442.

Last thing I know I want to do is get some printed insert labels for the 3 car lights that are supposed to have the point values on them. No idea how to get these. I don't have a laser printer or anything like that.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
SCORE! Insert decals sometimes can be found but if not Im not sure how they're made...I need some for my GL. You have some hard to reach bulbs? Looks good new rubbers. Add to your list.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Congrats! I have only played this game once or twice ( with Andrei Massenkoff actually, and it was a little embarrassing). It was fun, but something about those strange handles always got on my nerves. I'm sure that if I actually knew the rules and how to play I could easily ignore them though

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I like the handles because using the triggers is like using the triggers on a 360 controller. I prefer the buttons still, but the handles aren't uncomfortable at all for me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Awww, and here I was hoping the handles were for some weird mode where you hold on and a growing electric shock is administered, seeing how long you can hold on!

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I always loved this game, I played it many times in real life when it came out. Then I got a chance too play it on visual pinball, then my visual pinball disappeared from my computer and with the Pinball Arcade I decieded not to reload it again. So here's hoping to see this game on the Pinball Arcade someday in the future, and yes I know it will be a tough too get, if they can get it at all. It will be a costly Kickstarter to, but who knows what could happen in the future, let's hope good things do happen someday.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Also my PC can't handle Visual pinball anymore for some unknown reason, nothing beats the real thing except the Pinball Arcade. If I were to buy my first pinball machine it would have to be The Wizard Of Oz, or I'd wait for the Hobbit.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I tried VP before and simply didn't like the way it looked. There are a lot of amazing recreations, but I can't handle the flat look.

Well I updated my machine with the latest ROMs and it is quite different than when I first bought it. I had prototype software in there originally. I went from version P3, which I can't even find documentation on, to the Home ROMs, which should be L4 with profanity thrown in. Even with the swearing turned off, there are many new phrases and sound effects added, lots of new music, and new versions of the music that I had at first. The lights are more animated and there are new DMD animations as well. The scoring has changed and the multiball modes have different patterns than at first.

I wasn't even aware that you could change out ROM and sound chips, but I'm glad I found out. I was enjoying the table before, but could tell it was incomplete. No sounds at the Match sequence, no Game Over music, just various things seemed off. Very happy with this game.

I also bought a lift table from Harbor Freight which was an awesome purchase because I can lift the machine and move it around easily now. In fact, when I tested the lift out for the first time I noticed something else about DM, the legs were on backwards! When I put the table together when I bought it, I put the legs that had the leveling screws all the way out in the back like the previous owner did. I thought something was off when I had to stack weights under the legs to get the right playfield pitch, but never took a good look. With the table lifted I noticed that the front legs were longer and easily switched the pairs and properly leveled the table without the need for weights. And with the front end lower to the ground, it's more comfortable to play.

It's no wonder the previous owner sold this machine, with the legs switched the game probably played really slow. That, mixed with prototype ROMs, the table was probably too boring for him. Plays great for me! Ha!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.