The Pinball Arcade PS3 to PS4 Transfers.. Will it happen? (thread ver. 02)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Why was the PS3 to PS4 thread closed?

It seems a bit strange to shut down a thread that attracted a ton of people to post on what many think is an important decision that will have to be made by Farsight.

I guess I must have missed something because I've seen far less civil threads kept going.

Personally I would rather see a rude poster get a time out than see a thread get dumped.
Several people were contributing thoughtful replies and such.

Anyway, I just wanted to add:

DrainoBraino:

Here's the facts I know. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

-Nothing from PS3 will transfer to PS4
-PS4 is not backward compatible
-You will not be able to play current TPA tables on PS4, unless there is some type of streaming emulation (may not be possible)
-Farsight is working on a new PS4 version of TPA

Not to say you are wrong, but Sony doesn't even know.. or at least they haven't ruled it out.

I forget the name, buy a Sony rep at Sony Japan has stated they could make this happen via emulation (with PSX, PS2, and some other PSN stuff) and PS3 could be brought to the PS4 with the help of cloud streaming (Gaiaki).

It wouldn't really matter anyway. All they would need to know is that you already paid for the DLC tables and Sony said all of that information is going to continue to be attached to your PSN account history.

It would be done much the same way that Zen Studios handled it. If you bought it, they will know, and give you an option to import the new version of the tables.

That being said, I would have absolutely no problem buying all of the tables again if they implemented this...

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
The thread was closed because someone started name calling and got all mad.

Sony has said that current PSN games will not transfer to PS4. There's a million article on google about, filled will raging gamers' comments. ;)
There are rumors of "limited" streaming via cloud service, but no one knows how of if that will be an option.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Go back to the locked thread and begin reading from post #123 until the thread was closed and you'll get a pretty good idea of why it was closed.

In the future, could everyone please refrain from re-posting threads that were previously locked as they were closed for a reason. If you believe your thread was closed without reason, please contact the Mod that closed your thread before re-posting another with the same topic. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts