Addressing a question from a thread that was closed (again)....

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The thread was closed because someone started name calling and got all mad.

Sony has said that current PSN games will not transfer to PS4. There's a million article on google about, filled will raging gamers' comments.
There are rumors of "limited" streaming via cloud service, but no one knows how of if that will be an option.

You're right, there are a million articles on this, but there was only one with factual information from Sony Japan. I believe it was on Gamasutra. I'll find it and post it here (unless this thread gets closed too).

So are we not allowed to talk a out TPA on the PS4?

I still don't understand why the thread was shut down instead of banning the jerks who were out of line.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I still don't understand why the thread was shut down instead of banning the jerks who were out of line.

I understand where you're coming from and had you contacted the Mod that closed your thread and pleaded your case, he may have decided to reopen your original thread.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Because there were multiple participants out of order in the original thread, I had posted a general "last chance" warning to keep the thread civil. That warning was disregarded (and my judgment attacked) and the thread had appeared to run its course, so I closed it.

If there were still substantive points to discuss - civilly - they may be continued here, and this thread will remain open so long as it remains free of problems. But consider this thread like a pinball machine already on "double danger"...I'm not interested in moderating more personal attacks.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
You're not addressing the problem by locking threads though. People who can't post nice have no business being here. I think it would make more sense to give the poster a time out rather than the thread.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Some stuipd **** needs locked

I muself saw the thread degnrating but had littke interest

To let a catch 22 debate cintinue is silly

Mxyzptlk

Jul 27, 2012
It's been made clear the reason it was locked wasn't because of the topic, it's because the discussion had become increasingly uncivil and warnings to tone it down were ignored. People were shouting past each other rather than actually listening to what others were saying. In cases like that, it's better to close the thread, let people calm down, and pick up the discussion in a new thread after everyone's chilled out.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Ok cool, so we're all chilled out now, let's talk about it.

spoonman, did you find your credible link? I can't find any other facts besides the ones I posted.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
one thing that seems vary vary bad is when i saw the ps4 reveal stream video diablo 3 was announced to be on ps4 and its an always online DRM game this is not going to bring good things i thought :( among other things like cloud service too will have to see when we get more credible information.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
one thing that seems vary vary bad is when i saw the ps4 reveal stream video diablo 3 was announced to be on ps4 and its an always online DRM game this is not going to bring good things i thought :( among other things like cloud service too will have to see when we get more credible information.

They said on consoles it wasn't going to require always on internet.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
Pointless discussion really. If you don't work for Sony or FS how the hell do you come up with a conclusion?

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Pointless discussion really. If you don't work for Sony or FS how the hell do you come up with a conclusion?

I bet even Sony and Farsight aren't completely sure yet. This discussion is all just speculation and educated guesses right now, but that's ok too.

I don't mind hearing what people think should happen, or what they think will happen, and why. Some people just need to keep in mind that its not a foregone conclusion yet, and stop insisting that their own opinion is fact. If they can do that then we might be able to have an ongoing discussion without the threads needing to be locked.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Not pointless at all. The "point" is discern the facts, discuss ways this could be done, and give an opinion on the subject. Also, some here do work for FS and others may have info from Sony. Not every thread has to have a foregone conclusion anyway.
I bet even Sony and Farsight aren't completely sure yet. This discussion is all just speculation and educated guesses right now, but that's ok too.

I don't mind hearing what people think should happen, or what they think will happen, and why. Some people just need to keep in mind that its not a foregone conclusion yet, and stop insisting that their own opinion is fact. If they can do that then we might be able to have an ongoing discussion without the threads needing to be locked.
Exactly, that's why I posted the facts as I knew them and asked for clarification. however, I am fine with speculation or wishful thinking, as long as it's presented as that.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I've never been a moderator myself, but having been around forums for a good 15+ years (and BBS boards too, before the internet), I understand the decisions moderators are often faced with. I agree with the closing of that thread, even if there was some possible redeeming value to it, because of the way it had spun out of control. As for banning people... well, there's no clear line on when that should or shouldn't be done, but everyone has a different take on it. The atmosphere of this forum has always been on the forgiving side overall, and that works pretty well here. Don't think it's forgiving? Try pulling any of this on NeoGaf. You'll be banned in a heartbeat. They have their reasons though... they are a very well known, highly regarded site that is often the first to break news in the world of gaming... and they just HAVE to police that thing the way they do to maintain order.

Anyway, it's all wait and see for TPA and the PS4, but I agree that speculation can be interesting, as long as we're all recognizing that little is known at this point and likely, little behind the scenes has actually been ironed out.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
At the end of the day, this isn't really unprecedented or really even thread worthy IMO.

Every console cycle, previous gen games get ported to the next gen consoles, sometimes in the same year. Examples: on 360: Madden '06, Fight Night, NBA 2k6, to name a few, all released on both Xbox and Xbox 360. The idea that owning the Xbox version entitles you to the 360 version for free or discounted is absurd. If it wasn't for iPhone/iPad model, we would never have a thread like this.

And also, not to be a dick, but how many of you are really getting a PS4 this year. I mean, be honest with yourselves. 500$+, crap launch games, early hardware issues, waiting in line for days, ebay price gouging... really? The same crew who mostly got a PS3 in 2008 or later? Come on now...

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't like to "ban" people on the forum that I moderate and administer. I prefer to give out "timeouts" usually for 24 to 72 hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts