Samsung prototype wireless Gamepad

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

During the SGS4 release circus Samsung unveiled their own branded gamepad for enhancing the Android gaming experience. There was a prototype at the lauch to be seen and have hype created. Pic here*, more and a video of the gamepad at the link.
dsc08035.jpg

*this image is not hot linked from endgadget

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/14/samsung-prototype-wireless-game-pad-hands-on/

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
My android device will work with a wii-mote just fine, as long as there are keyboard commands I can map to the damn thing.
Why would I want that overabundant cumbersome, and undoubtedly overpriced solution?

N

netizen

Looks like a really ugly 360 controller.

That has been the genral comment on the articles I have seen
My android device will work with a wii-mote just fine

With Jelly Bean 4.2.* there were bluetooth issues that made touchtojoy (or was it the other way?) and wii-motes not work on rooted Android devices. Sixaxis included their own drivers as a workaround, afaik.

Perhaps this is some collusion between Google and Samsung as a consolation for the Nexus contracts :p

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
With Jelly Bean 4.2.* there were bluetooth issues that made touchtojoy (or was it the other way?) and wii-motes not work on rooted Android devices. Sixaxis included their own drivers as a workaround, afaik.

I'm yet to try USB Joystick Center and Joy2Touch on the new TF300T update to 4.2.1

Might do some experimentation tonight. Thanks for reminding me.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Please do Jaredmorgs !
I have a TF700T and they are on the list for 4.2.1 sometime this quarter.
I've heard the same thing as Netizen and if there are issues I will stay at 4.1.1

Timelord ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.