Hello to all

Sunshowers59

Apr 2, 2013
I am Sunshowers, I love pinball and live in Chicago. Home of Bally's. I have been into pinball for many years but haven't had the chance to play it for a very long till my husband reintroduced it to me. My favorite games are Bride of Pinbot, Monster Bash and Theatre of Magic. Can you give me some pointers on how not to get the ball behind the flippers.......hahaha. That's my biggest problem especiallaly on Bride of Pinbot. She just loves to eat my ball. I'm coming you guys cause I can't go to my husband. I'm intimidated by him. Any takers?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Welcome to the forum! It's also great to have a female on board - you may be our first (seriously).

Sunshowers59

Apr 2, 2013
I am honored. Even if I am not the first at least I'm one of the few women on this site. That makes me proud.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Hello lady!

First tip: Don't flip so much. Beginners always tend to flip like crazy. Play a few games just letting the ball bounce off a flipper held up. Then try it with the flipper just sitting there in down position. Watch how it bounces. Notice that most of the time the ball will bounce and you can attempt to trap it/cradle it.

And never flip both flippers at the same time.

Here's a good starting place for techniques:
http://www.ipdb.org/playing/skills.html

Good luck!

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Im not very good with most dmd games i prefer the mid 80s era, but i really am enjoying cactus canyon...in my head im the lone ranger!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Sunshower59 HELLO! Dont mind the Ol'man he'll be delighted once you OWN him at pinball! :p I'll make a couple videos 4 ya....I know the Ol'man :)

N

netizen

Apart from that ipdb link, once you start to feel comfortable with the terminology etc, there are some really good table specific strategy and tips threads here too. Just go to the sections for each particular table you are interested in, or use the search feature to find what you are looking for.

Oh, and welcome, don't mind the madness.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts