Gottleib Pinball Classics PS2 and Pinball Hall of Fame PS2 on PSN EU Now*

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
This weeks update:

Gottlieb Pinball Classics (PS2)
Price: £3.99/€4.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: All

They have also added PHOF, but it is not available in all countries (including Sweden where I live :S )
Pinball Hall of Fame
Price: £3.99/€4.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine

blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/04/03/heads-up-playstation-store-update-3rd-april-2013/

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
"Pinball Hall of Fame" is still interesting but the Gottlieb collection can't be recommended. I have it on the PSP and played it after PHOF - what a difference, it doesn't feel right. Unless you desperately want to play the old Gottlieb tables or take a look at the unique "Goin' Nuts" there is no reason to spend 5 bucks. Wait for the summer and buy some ice cream instead.

Last edited:

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Yeah I purchased the Gottleib one, but the games are reaaaaally slow playing. Still, it is nice to see how Genie is supposed to look, since that version actually looks better than the PS3 one hehe ;)

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I have both the PHoF Gottlieb and Williams Collections on PS2; I have the Canadian versions and it is missing some tables that are in the EU-only "Gottlieb Pinball Classics"

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Yowsers! I don't know what people were thinking about the Gottlieb Collection back in the day... but saying that it didn't age well is an understatement. The physics are so off that the game is almost unplayable. You just basically hit the ball with the flippers and then pray that it's going to hit what you're aiming for... two minutes later!

Only recommended buying for the curious.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yes, I had it on my PSP back in ’05, and while it looked nice, the physics were quite terrible.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I still got it on PSP. I like the feature to turn the screen 90 degrees by pressing select, Id like that on TPA for PS3 the mobiles have something like that.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Do you think that they will release Victory on TPA that is in this collection? That game seems to be entertaining, it is a bit hard to determine with the crap physics ;)

tizerist

Apr 17, 2013
I have the Gootlieb PHOF on ps2. 11 rather quaint tables from the 1950's, innocent contemporary themes such as 'Bowling Alley' marks it apart from the super-death-ray mantra of modern tables.
Recommended.

EDIT: I was thinking of Play It Pinball on ps2, cos I have both games.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.