Richard 'Lord British' Garriott is developing a new Ultima game!

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Well, in truth EA owns the rights to the Ultima name so Richard Garriott is creating a spiritual successor called Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues (SotA).

The game is being funded through kickstarter if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Aside from getting a new Ultima game which I am super excited about, there is a possibility of getting a new novel by Tracy Hickman, coauthor of the Dragonlance series of books if they reach their 1.8 million stretch goal. Hickman was recently hired as the lead story designer for the Shroud of the Avatar game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
extremely find memories of ultima online, a tank mage with a halbert called raven, an archer and healing and i coukd whsitling through a dungeon

good times

the second age kivend things up couldnt take a drake on alone without luck

but i could slap deamons and titans and efferts to my hearts content

go go garriot man

the new ios ultima rpg looks like alot of crap

edit - also had a side job as a fisherman and ****ed uo the krakken

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, Ultima Forever (being developed by EA) does not look anything like any Ultima game I ever played.

The videos of Shroud of the Avatar being shown right now are just placeholder graphics so it doesn't look very pretty atm but from the concept art they released so far it looks like it is going to be a beautiful and rich experience.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
ive little funds atm or i would it will be reached...lol garriots got a huge fanbase...does he still own his mini castle

and i loved dragonlance

raistlins a dude

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, he still has Britannia Manor. One of the pledge tiers on their kickstarter ($10,000 :eek:) includes a tour of his castle. I think 22 people have taken him up on that offer thus far. Wish I had that kind of money lying around.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Actually he sold his castle. It was becoming to small for his collection. So he's getting an even bigger one. ;)

Edit: Oh, he hasn't sold it yet. But he's trying to.

Last edited:

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
He recently had his first child too so obviously he needs a bigger castle ;).

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Ultima 7 can be played on modern computers with Exult.

The goodies that came with Ultima were quite nice, I still have the cloth map of Britannia somewhere together with the 3.5 inch floppy disks of Ultima 4-6....and of course no drive to read them anymore.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I spent soooo many hours playing Ultima VII on my 386 Packard Bell back in the early 90’s. That game ruled.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Aside from getting a new Ultima game which I am super excited about, there is a possibility of getting a new novel by Tracy Hickman, coauthor of the Dragonlance series of books if they reach their 1.8 million stretch goal. Hickman was recently hired as the lead story designer for the Shroud of the Avatar game.
Uh, it doesn't take a hell of a lot of investment to write a book. Unlike games and movies, it doesn't require a huge team or a ton of expensive equipment. One person with a computer and a word-processing program is all you need.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Uh, it doesn't take a hell of a lot of investment to write a book. Unlike games and movies, it doesn't require a huge team or a ton of expensive equipment. One person with a computer and a word-processing program is all you need.

Yes, but it takes a lot of time from that one person, and for a lot of people, time is more valuable than money.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts