Greetings from a Limey Brit

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
hi everyone

i'm Dan, 43, married with a one year old son and a 4 year old dog

DanampDylanMarch2013_zps8813dfd5.jpg
Yoshi2012_zps7b285974.jpg

i've been a pinball owner for about 3 years, i started with the one i always wanted which was STTNG, but as anyone who ever started buying these things will know, it can never stop with one. i've sold a few but currently still own these: STTNG, R&B, AFM, MB, SS, RG, TS, BSD..... plus possibly a Freddy if the deal does through.

ever since the first TPA table from Farsight i've been an addict, buying every table to play on my iphone. i managed to get up to 4000 points but have been thwarted by a recent bug that has taken away my points and reset me to 900 or so as a different username. Gah!

hello :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Welcome aboard Dan. Seems you you practically own your own arcade. Won't be too long before your son is standing on a chair and beating your high scores.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Welcome to the fun house, Dan.

I've lost my Hall of Fame points so many times on Android it's not funny, but I really don't care. The tables themselves are the big attraction for me.

See you on the main forum!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Welcome Dan from a fellow Brit. What a collection you have, how about taking a few pics and starting your own thread in the Real Pinball section of the forum?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
thanks for the welcome guys. Dylan (my son) has been playing pinball with me since he was 3 months old, in a baby sling on my belly. i enter tournaments and local leagues with him attached and it no longer raises eyebrows unless there's new people there - he loves to reach down and try to touch the flippers and the balls, and he gurgles away at the sound and light shows during multiball :rolleyes:

you're right, i don't really mind so much about the lost scores as it's the games themselves that draw me in.

you guys in the States are lucky that you still have some remnant of a pinball culture, as it's all but dead over here, sadly :confused: - people talk about it coming back and all that, and i'd love to believe it, i really would..... most people under the age of 20 in UK have never even seen a real pinball machine, and the sad truth (as i see it) is that they most likely never will, as the arcades aren't coming back, and pubs would rather install a pool table or a fruit machine (one arm bandit but better - basically gambling) ...... so the repair tech guys are no longer around ..... and nowadays it's all sad middle aged men like me with home collections in our garages and sheds.

/sigh

anyway, thank heavens for TPA

afm_logo2_zps7f5cca16.gif
[/IMG]

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Wimbledon? jeez, we're practically neighbours, i'm in Hanwell near Ealing.
do you come to the London & SE league (next meeting on the 14th in Farnborough at *the* best collection i've ever seen)?
or to the Surrey League at Matt's place in Caterham?

did you come to the LPC at the Pipeline last month?

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Wimbledon? jeez, we're practically neighbours, i'm in Hanwell near Ealing.
do you come to the London & SE league (next meeting on the 14th in Farnborough at *the* best collection i've ever seen)?
or to the Surrey League at Matt's place in Caterham?

did you come to the LPC at the Pipeline last month?

Neither league Dan I'm afraid. My email requests to the registered secretary Dawn, I think, went unanswered. Ealing I know very well

Couldn't make the LPC either. Working up north...

Shame on both counts

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Dawn is a bit scatty but lovely, she probably lost the email. send me a PM and i'll make sure she gets back to you, you should definitely come along on the 14th if you can, it's a great meet.

Daventry is the biggest UK show, there will be over 100 tables there - http://www.ukpinballparty.com/

i'm definitely coming along (3rd year now for me) and no doubt some of my tables will be there as well

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
or to the Surrey League at Matt's place

Just seen the list of games at the meet on the 14th, that's some collection. Is that tattyadams on YouTube?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts