The Pinball Gallery in Downingtown, Pa

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Since the Pinball Gallery was starting to take up space on the Pinball Parlour's thread I decided to make one for it. The Pinball Gallery is located in Downingtown, Pa which is about 45 minutes north west of Philadelphia. They merged with Margo's Ice Cream shop earlier this year to have more space and not feel as cramped as their previous location. They typically have anywhere from fifteen to twenty pins and about five video games at any given time. Pins are sometimes rotated in and out as most of them are available for sale. Check out the link below to their website for hours, directions and game list.

www.pinballgallery.net

And because everyone loves pictures here's some from a few of their tables. You should be able to click on the image to see the full size.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
He doesn't have Genesis anymore which I think was on loan but here's a pic depicting some of the changes that the owner made to it. The most obvious being the backglass.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
He just got BTTF and I played the crap out of it last night. Must of put about five bucks into it. It was really fast and shooting the center drops (which have to be knocked down to light locks) were deadly as they literally sent the ball flying back towards the flippers. Getting dialed in on the ramps and making consecutive shots gave me my best score and a couple replays. I know some knock DE tables but I like a few of them and I rarely see a BTTF at shows. And, honestly, I don't think we're going to see it in TPA, even without Michael J. Fox on the artwork.

Last edited:

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Yeah I had no idea how brutal Fireball was until I played that one. Outlane city!

They hold a double-elimination tournament on the first Tuesday of every month and I've been to the last two. Finished middle of the pack in March, but had a couple of heartbreakers last week and finished tied for last. Really fun though, definitely encourage anyone in the area to check it out.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Yeah I had no idea how brutal Fireball was until I played that one. Outlane city!

They hold a double-elimination tournament on the first Tuesday of every month and I've been to the last two. Finished middle of the pack in March, but had a couple of heartbreakers last week and finished tied for last. Really fun though, definitely encourage anyone in the area to check it out.

I'd love to come but am just too far for the lone trip. I work my travels there in with visiting my family on Saturday's.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Yeah it's an hour+ train ride for me from Philly, but worth it. :)

Let me know if you every think you'd be able to make it.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
On the fence. Would definitely go if no complications, but a friend was thinking of coming into town that weekend, and I haven't seen him in ages, so I'd hate to send him away (and doubt he'd want to come with.)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Saturday for sure. My dad and brother like to go and they have the typical Mon-Fri jobs but I may make a solo trip on Friday. I went both days last year and was glad I did because some of the Friday pins were gone in Saturday. Less people on Friday too.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
A friend and I are skipping out of work early to go on Friday. We should be there from 12:30 to maybe around 5.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
For those interested, Pinball Gallery posted on their Facebook page that they just got their Wizard of Oz.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
For those interested, Pinball Gallery posted on their Facebook page that they just got their Wizard of Oz.

Very cool I've been waiting for that to show up. Gonna try and get down there this weekend. My wife and I both have four days off.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Pinball Gallery's monthly tournaments continue tomorrow. Anyone else going to make it? I'll be there for sure.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I was there on Saturday. Played a lot of BSD and EBDLE. Both were in great shape. BSD actually had normal sized flippers which made it slightly less punishing. He also has one of those new flipper rubbers on his BSD. Either Saturn Rings or Super Bands. They felt sticky and made ball trapping a little easier. However, I didn't like the bounce as much as traditional rubber. I also spent some more time on WOZ. Man, what a drainer. It may be a good looking pin but I just didn't have much fun on it. And, at a dollar a play and a SUPER tight tilt, I won't be spending any more time on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts