BUG: Real Life ;-)

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Watched that earlier- wasn't expecting that! I had a TZ phantom restart on me when hitting the slot machine to start LITZ once.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Definitely a FML moment for the tournament director...and for the players, all of whom were doing great on TZ and did not do so hot (although better than I'd do, I'm sure) after being moved to LOTR.

N

netizen

As I posted in the random thoughts thread when I put this video up ....

Can you imagine the hate that would rain down on FS and TPA if this were to happen in a game?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm about to organize our first tournament here, all machines fully serviced 1 week ago... Still... I'm scarred as f***! :)
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Anyone that has played a reasonable amount of pinball understands that those type of things sometimes happen.

Hope your tourney goes off without a hitch.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Oh, wow. That's actually happened to me when I was playing on a Shadow pin. Include how I never like the Bally/Williams start up process, with the "GANG GANG GANG GANG GANG" at the end, telling you to hit the Enter button for a test report.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
No, the reason it reset is because the CPU watchdog saw the +5v line dip too far which then caused a soft-reset.

Yea, I had this problem with my T2 till I replaced the burnt molex connector. Was causing intermittent contact. 75 cent part caused a lot of frustration. :rolleyes:

Regarding the video you could tell from Elwin's commentary he was pissed about the whole thing. I love watching these videos although my bride to be thinks I'm nuts.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The diverter kicking the balls off the rails was something I'm glad FS hasn't duplicated.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I remember getting booted after activating Couch Multiball on TSPP. Had to get refunded (and play it again) because of this. At my local bowling alley.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
What a huge bummer. I guess it happens.

So that invalidated all the play that had taken place and they simply moved to a new table? Ouch. But I do love LOTR pinball.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I'm about to organize our first tournament here, all machines fully serviced 1 week ago... Still... I'm scarred as f***! :)

Well, do you have a contingency plan? Something along the lines of "If, during the tournament, a machine shall become unplayable..." and "If, during play, the machine shall exhibit erratic operations, ...". And don't forget, "If, during the tournament, power shall fail..." or other emergency that calls for an immediate halt to the tournament.

If you haven't, make some rules up. Make sure everyone agrees with them and then have fun. This stuff is bound to happen, and happen often because it's a mechanical thing that requires a lot of maintenance. You can have it fully shopped to brand new condition, and it's possible the first player causes something to break.

What makes your tournament successful is how you handle it.

Plenty of things you can do - from using an alternate machine, restarting the match with the working machines, disregarding the machine, etc.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Yep, we made something up already. Including spare machines, and rules when something fails. Finals will have 50% spare machines... Everything will be fine :)

I case something goes horribly wrong, there is an escape plan: we're playing at a Hooter's restaurant, so there a many multiballs to watch while we get things fixed ;-)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts