So, help me play better on Cirqus Voltaire

Jim

Mar 23, 2013
I'm posting this in the PS3 section because this is the system I need help on... I don't seem to have these troubles on Android.

Okay so I'm not too proud to recognize when I need some tips and ask for them. Basically my main problem is the side-lanes. The ball seems drawn to them like some force is working against me. If the ball hits a small peg or anything it will head straight for the side-lanes and drain out. I've tried nudging every which way and four times out of five it will not help.

Furthermore I am having a horrible time trying to hit the high-wire lock ramp. It seems like it is in the worst spot possible in relation to the flippers. I'll usually miss it if I try the catch-and-shoot maneuver, and the side-lanes will kill me quick after my missed shot.
Or even worse, the ball will travel up the ramp, but not have enough momentum to go all the way, and it will roll back down at the perfect trajectory to go down the center drain.

So, any advice? :D

--Jim

Last edited:

Jim

Mar 23, 2013
Thanks. I haven't really explored that area of the forums yet, but that looks like some good info. A quick skim tells me that my first mistake is actually trying to hit all the shots when I should just be pounding the Ringmaster into a pasty gel the whole time. ;)

--Jim

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It really does seem like it's all about shooting the Ringmaster. I hate shooting the Ringmaster, especially 'cause the camera zooms in on him. ; P

Jim

Mar 23, 2013
It really does seem like it's all about shooting the Ringmaster. I hate shooting the Ringmaster, especially 'cause the camera zooms in on him. ; P
You really should stop reading my mind. ;)

stack multiballs
Yes I saw you mention that in the linked thread. The problem is that I can't seem to get the sneaky lock. The nudge method you mention does not seem to work for me. I probably don't have the timing correct, or I don't quite understand it.

--Jim

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I usually nudge left first before the ring masters head raises then right the next time. Juggler multiball is the one I usually go for. Raise the ring masters head get 3-4 shots on him then start multiball, raise the ring masters head then start RAZZ or FRENZY this will restart any balls lost from current multiball as long as you still have 2 balls on the table, now what I do is shoot away till 2 balls are left then space out the balls by shooting the left juggler loop with 1 ball trapped with left flipper then shoot the ring master this will launch that ball from the scoop on the right which will dead pass from left to right flipper then shoot the left juggler loop. If you can get a rythem going the only thing to watch out for is after SUPER JACKPOT it will release both balls as the ball comes out of juggler kickout while it drops nudge right and dead pass from left flipper to right flipper and trap, flip the second ball at the ring masters head and shoot the trapped ball at the juggler loop then get the other ball under control. REPEAT if you can. :)

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts