Request John Gilmore Jr - please stop sending me temple run challenges!

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I added my Gamecenter ID to a thread on this forum, and I have quite a few friends on iOS (all from this forum apart from one).

Anyway I don't know what John Gilmore Jr's username on this forum is, so that's why I've started a new thread.

Please stop sending me an average of 3 temple run challenges a day, I hardly play it.

Thanks John.

Rob (DopedToInfinity)

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
You can unfriend people. I had a guy sending me like 10 Geodrop challenges a day (a game I don't even have) including at 2, 3 in the morning.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I know I can "unfriend" but I think that would be kind of rude without trying to sort the problem first. If I'm still receiving over 3 challenges next week, then "unfriend" I shall.

I think it comes down to the fact I have an iPhone as opposed to just an iPad. It gets quite annoying to keep getting challenges (especially at work) on a device you always carry. If I just had an iPad which only gets turned on for pleasure (oops pardon!) I wouldn't't mind so much.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I know I can "unfriend" but I think that would be kind of rude without trying to sort the problem first. If I'm still receiving over 3 challenges next week, then "unfriend" I shall.

I think it comes down to the fact I have an iPhone as opposed to just an iPad. It gets quite annoying to keep getting challenges (especially at work) on a device you always carry. If I just had an iPad which only gets turned on for pleasure (oops pardon!) I wouldn't't mind so much.

I treat it based on how well I know my "friends". If they're just acquaintances I inherited from a forum, big whoop, unfriend away. They'd probably go "who the heck was that guy anyways?". If it's someone I know personally then no, you deal with it.

Facebook and the like have cheapened the meaning of friend. That's why I'm extremely picky on who I add to my friend lists.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I treat it based on how well I know my "friends". If they're just acquaintances I inherited from a forum, big whoop, unfriend away. They'd probably go "who the heck was that guy anyways?". If it's someone I know personally then no, you deal with it.

Facebook and the like have cheapened the meaning of friend. That's why I'm extremely picky on who I add to my friend lists.

I agree totally. Until TPA on Xbox Live the only people on my friends list were REAL friends, but it's nice to compare scores with other people on this forum. Only one of my proper friends plays TPA / Zen.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
I get the same requests, perhaps we should compare our friends list.

Edit - its mesabassman, only posted 12 times on here.

Last edited:

mesabassman

May 21, 2012
Sorry fellas, I haven't come here in quite awhile. Doped, I sent you a PM. Sorry about the challenges. :( It is not me who is sending them but my 8 year old son. I very rarely play the game. My son and 5 year old daughter play it. I will tell him not to send them anymore. I apologize for the aggravation it caused.

Thanks,
John

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts