TPA is destroying my iPad!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Has anyone else played so much TPA on their iPad that they have worn the oleophobic coating off the screen where their thumbs rest? Maybe the fact that I don't have office worker soft skin working in engineering all of my working life has caused the wear but there are definite worn areas that can be seen where my thumbs thrash away. Never mind, iPad 5 soon :D

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I try to wipe off my prints as much as possible. The thumb prints eventually came off with some effort.

I wonder if there's a way to re-coat the glass.

night

May 18, 2012
I doubt if you can recoat it, seems like an industrial process, perhaps a new glass plate from Apple?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It's not THAT bad, it's just that even after cleaning with a good cleaner and the screen is really clean I can still see where my thumbs were when I hold the iPad at an angle so that light reflects on it.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I have the same issue. The coating will wear off in well used areas of the screen. Another area for wear is immediately around the Home button. Using a microfiber cloth will get rid of the smudges but they'll come back.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Has anyone else played so much TPA on their iPad that they have worn the oleophobic coating off the screen where their thumbs rest? Maybe the fact that I don't have office worker soft skin working in engineering all of my working life has caused the wear but there are definite worn areas that can be seen where my thumbs thrash away. Never mind, iPad 5 soon :D

Well, i have my third(!) iPad 3 by now... When 'pressing' the flipper buttons I simply killed all lines to the 3G connection somehow, by pressing too hard. Luckily I had the 2 year warranty and got some new ones :)

Cheers,
Mario

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It's not THAT bad, it's just that even after cleaning with a good cleaner and the screen is really clean I can still see where my thumbs were when I hold the iPad at an angle so that light reflects on it.

I always put a screen protector on as soon as I buy a new iPad. I used to always buy from powersupportusa.com but now I prefer greenonionssupply.com.

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
No, but I believe I have Tendonitis in my right wrist/thumb from holding my Kindle Fire HD a certain way for HOURS at a time! ;)

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Ahhhhhh! Damn you f***ing outlanes!

boom.jpg

No, seriously, I just dropped it unintentionally :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts