Android Version 1.13.0 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Android version 1.13.0 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

PseudoSmurff

Apr 6, 2013
Android - White Water

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and every table plays pretty much perfectly.
But, I just want to throw it out there that a lot of things in the white water table look really bad...

1. The whole left side ramp is very "sharp" and pixelated, and the curve at the top of that ramp looks so pinched it would be impossible for the ball to enter it.
2. The ramp past big foot's diverter also has an incredibly pinched look, again impossible for a ball to pass through.
3. Big foot's fur (However I understand that in order to support the maximum amount of android devices the rendering engine can not be spec'd out for only the latest, so that is forgivable, I just hope that can be tweaked as much as possible)
4. There are some minor places between the backboard and the table that you can 'see through' to the floor, maybe a matter of better alignment up there.

I've tried all the different views and it looks equally bad from all views.

All-in-all it plays well so far and I will of coarse buy to support, as long as this isn't the quality standard moving forward for future releases.

I understand that time constraints are always extremely hard to meet and things get sacrificed in the end. As long as Farsight puts all their effort into finishing the product in a reasonable amount of time from release I harbor no negative feelings.

N

netizen

This thread should be stickied so that all members with note 2's can see it and take out their wrath on how TPA looks on their device on the GPU not on the application.

N

netizen

Can anyone else confirm a speed/performance difference while using ball skins other than the default?

In my case, on a nexus 10, when i select a different ball skin on some tables the game play is noticeably faster. This is in addition to ramps becoming "transparent" where they previously weren't but should have been. Funhouse being a prime example.

The table that I notice this the most, or at least has the most apparent speed effect, is Space Shuttle. When I use a skin on that table the game play is almost too fast to follow.

Berq

Mar 15, 2013
In the next version, I'd love to see the "What's New" screen only once. Having to tap "Continue" every single time I start TPA is just the grit in my sandwich. It's a small thing, but it bugs the heck out of me for some reason.

K

Korven

In the next version, I'd love to see the "What's New" screen only once. Having to tap "Continue" every single time I start TPA is just the grit in my sandwich. It's a small thing, but it bugs the heck out of me for some reason.

Sometimes I miss the ":thumbup:" button.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I miss it frequently. Use it all the time on other Tapatalk forums like XDA.

You can petition Gord to enable it in the Tapatalk thread in the site feedback forum.

I'd :thumbup: it, if I could. :p

N

netizen

I was watching a Space Shuttle video and I noticed a few things that were different enough to catch my attention.

The ball didn't drain out of the bumpers into the in/out-lane area once, and there was no delay on releasing the locked balls on achieving multiball.

While the former might make things "easier" in some regards, the latter would definitely keep players on their toes.

http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/space-shuttle/

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

Facebook_like_thumb.png

N

netizen

i am not a fan of the thumbup button, it tends to get abused, and you get signatures wit "if my post helped you in any way be sure to press thanks/thumpsup" and a whole culture of imaginary points permeates the board. With everyone scrambling to say I got X views but only Y thumbs, if you don't :thumbup: my post "Screw you guys i'm going home!!"

meh-31834-1310502129-2.jpg

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
i am not a fan of the thumbup button, it tends to get abused, and you get signatures wit "if my post helped you in any way be sure to press thanks/thumpsup" and a whole culture of imaginary points permeates the board. With everyone scrambling to say I got X views but only Y thumbs, if you don't :thumbup: my post "Screw you guys i'm going home!!"

meh-31834-1310502129-2.jpg

I don't think that would happen here.

The thumbs button is just a way of saying "I agree with what that user said", and don't want to pollute the thread with huge quotes with what amounts to a +1 comment.

Those people with requests for thumbs in their sigs are doing it wrong.

N

netizen

Has anyone tried a USB OTG controller for TPA?

With the Android version, eventually, getting open keymapping due to the Ouya settings not carrying over and behaving; will there be support for USB OTG controllers for people who don't want to, or don't know how to root, or as an option to bluetooth to save power?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Has anyone tried a USB OTG controller for TPA?

With the Android version, eventually, getting open keymapping due to the Ouya settings not carrying over and behaving; will there be support for USB OTG controllers for people who don't want to, or don't know how to root, or as an option to bluetooth to save power?

Yeah - tried it the past 2 version releases.

When you plug a controller in via usb/otg cable, Jelly bean devices recognise it as a native controller.
TPA hasn't yet had native controller support properly implemented though, so when I plugged in, only 2 controller buttons worked and they only did something with the menu (can't remember exactly what).

I've got sixaxis app, so play with a ps3 controller and touch map the button presses, but would love native controller support, due to TPA only allowing 2 simultaneous touch presses (god knows why). Hopefully native controller support would get round this, whilst hopefully having key mapping options for everything, including all the new nudge directions I'm looking forward to. (fingers crossed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.