Bug Android Version 1.13.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.13.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10 / 4.2.2

Bug Description: UI crashing on table selection screen

Steps To Reproduce: Either quit a table and got to the UI then spin the carousel or play several, ~5, tables back to back and the UI will lock up almost guaranteed.

Frequency: 70%

Additional Comments: Ryan is aware of this, or at least has made mention of it. Don't want to see this fall off the to do list as it seems to be happening with greater frequency as the number of tables increases.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
White Water

Device/OS: Toshiba Thrive / 4.04

Bug Description: Following multiball; left flipper (when held up) allows ball to pass through

Steps To Reproduce: Activate 3-ball multiball; keep balls in play (no issues); allow 2 balls to drain without ending turn; whenever remaining ball passes down left in-lane; hold left flipper up in an attempt to pass ball from left in-lane to right flipper; ball passes through base end of left flipper.

Frequency: 33%

Additional Comments: The ball appears to catch a very slight bounce off of the middle of the left flipper as it passes through -- its trajectory changes anyway; if the right flipper is down, the ball will often have enough of a kick from that bounce to perform a quick slap save. This will repeatedly happen until the ball is lost and a new ball is put in play.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Device/OS: HTC Rezound 4.1.3

Bug Description: App crashes upon downloading new tables, especially after getting the update from Google Play

Steps To Reproduce: Download update from store, and download table/update. The app crashes trying to enter the table menu after the download has been finished.

Frequency: 80-100%

Additional Comments: It seems to happen most of the time in portrait mode, realizing as the last time I did this was in landscape and it didnt crash trying to redownload White Water. I want to keep testing between orientation to see if its indeed portrait causing a coincidence.

N

netizen

Bug Description: Cactus Canyon: R and L side ramps that drain to the in-lanes have a thing that sticks up in them. The ball rolls over it to tell the table where the ball is, yet in TPA the ball just rolls through it.

Steps To Reproduce: Plunge the ball, or shoot the ball up the White Water/Waterfall Ramp and see. I attached a picture of the R side "thing" to illustrate.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: look at the picture

IMG_20130420_222652.JPG

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Device/OS: Nook HD+

Bug Description: Space Shuttle HUD covers U S A rollover lights completely on all but camera angle 3 in portrait.

Steps To Reproduce:play Space Shuttle.

Additional Comments: This may have something to do with the 1920x1280 resolution of this tablet.

Also, as Netizen already mentioned, the UI crashing issue is still present.

N

netizen

Space Shuttle HUD covers U S A rollover lights completely on all but camera angle 3 in portrait.

I noted this during the Beta. But I did find out by looking around that the Android camera angles are way too tight on Space Shuttle, see here.

Viking

Jun 16, 2012
Don't know if this is classed as a bug but the WW flyer is gigantic and you can only view half of it.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Device/OS: Nook

Bug Description: Space Shuttle 4 player game reports a score of 0 for player 0 at the end of the game

Steps To Reproduce:play 4 player game in Space Shuttle.

N

netizen

Bug Description: Space Shuttle: The game setup menu back button will, on occasion, take you directly to the game as if you had pressed the continue button.

Steps To Reproduce: Press Game Setup, either intentionally or by accident, press back to exit the menu, instead of going back to the game "start" selection screen you will instead go to the plunger screen.

Frequency: >20%

Rat

Apr 22, 2013
Device/OS: HTC Rezound 4.1.3

Bug Description: App crashes upon downloading new tables, especially after getting the update from Google Play

Steps To Reproduce: Download update from store, and download table/update. The app crashes trying to enter the table menu after the download has been finished.

Frequency: 80-100%

Additional Comments: It seems to happen most of the time in portrait mode, realizing as the last time I did this was in landscape and it didnt crash trying to redownload White Water. I want to keep testing between orientation to see if its indeed portrait causing a coincidence.

Device/OS: Sony Tablet S / 4.0.3

Same as above, tried landscape and still didn't work, this has been happening to me for all new tables since the menu update a few months ago.

I can't believe I'm STILL struggling with updates...the last three new tables have been the same...pay for new table...start downloading....get stuck in an endless loop of downloading / crashes/ false starts / then finally after many hours or even days sometimes the new table shows up in the list. Click on new table and the endless download loop starts again / crashes / downloads again....last time that went on for a couple of days. None of my other apps have issues like this, and no it's not a bandwidth issue.

The most frustrating part is I have to PAY before I can suffer this utter frustration and disappointment :(

N

netizen

Bug Description: White Water: During Multi-Ball if you put two balls in the whirlpool quickly, or one in the whirlpool and one in the goldmine, you can hear a clicking sound the kick out is weak, random and very, very bizarre. Balls will shoot straight up the table towards the loop, or straight down and bounce off the sling shot - with many variations in between.

Steps To Reproduce: During Multi-ball get two ball into the kickout process quickly, either via the whirlpool, or a combination of the whirlpool and the goldmine.

4P47HY

Apr 20, 2013
Big Shot graphical bug

Device/OS: Samsung Note II / 4.1.2

Bug Description: Big Shot: Intersection of the ball and the table structure meshes. This visual bug persists on the table's latest version.

Steps To Reproduce: Whenever the ball is in the upper right table area. /See attached pics/

Additional Comments:

N

netizen

Bug Description: Swiping upwards will cause the flipper on the side swiped to stick/stay in an up position

Steps To Reproduce: press to flip and swipe up, the flipper will stay up, even if the ball goes down and you go to the plunge screen. It makes no difference if the table is emulated or scripted.

Additional Comments: I haven't seen this previously

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Bug Description: Swiping upwards will cause the flipper on the side swiped to stick/stay in an up position

Steps To Reproduce: press to flip and swipe up, the flipper will stay up, even if the ball goes down and you go to the plunge screen. It makes no difference if the table is emulated or scripted.

Additional Comments: I haven't seen this previously

This is an ongoing bug. I saw this first appear many Betas ago. It was reported in one of those threads a long time ago, and corroborated by a few people at the time.

Thanks for pushing it up the agenda again.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
Device/OS: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Bug Description: Funhouse - many alphanumeric display issues

Steps To Reproduce: On the third ball, the screen says EXTRA BALL AT and then nothing on the second line. Also issues when on the steps, or in the scoop between the steps and the Hidden Hallway, the display is erratic.

Additional Comments: This is a recent glitch, but it does not affect my HTC Evo 3D phone.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, is there any way you can display the table version of each table in the Manage Tables menu? This would be very helpful to those of us who are beta testing.

K

Korven

Still got the Dr Dude mixmaster camera bug on the Nexus 7, not as often as before but still...

Officer Meatbeef

May 1, 2013
Device: Galaxy S2, Android ver. 4.1.2

Bug Description: Funhouse performance has been poor on my device across many versions now, especially compared to pretty much every other table which usually run very smoothly. This table exhibits more or less consistent hitching/stuttering/frame skipping every few seconds. I've recently determined that disabling the HUD seems to help a lot, during a (relatively) extended game the other day when performance became absolutely awful midway through, I quickly popped into the menu and disabled/re-enabled the HUD and immediately things became much smoother. During normal gameplay the poor performance is usually not nearly this extreme but most obviously manifests in the ball seeming to skip frames for a split second every second or so, which is plenty more than enough to very effectively mess up one's timing catastrophically.

Note that this was the case for me before the HUD display become somewhat broken a few versions ago as noted in another report (ex. Mystery Mirror information only displaying one line, like "JET BUMPERS" appearing at the top but "AT MAXIMUM" not displaying).

Steps to Reproduce: Again, performance is always iffy from the start on this one, though it seems to progressively get worse, and disabling the HUD seems to more or less clear it up. Keeping the HUD off appears effective but is obviously not a very practical solution.

Additional Comments: Rarer performance issues on other tables generally seem to be greatly reduced by disabling the HUD as well, even temporarily, but such problems are inconsistent enough to so far confirm as effectively whether the HUD is really the culprit or not. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the table with no positive effect.

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
The missing text on the score display on Funhouse has been a noted problem for a while, I assume put on the backburner. I remember having problems with the table on my phone, not on the Nexus 7, though. Oh hey, we have the same phone. Yeah, the S2 started struggling with tables around the Funhouse pack. I rooted my phone and installed Blu Kuban, which made games better. Although now I'm experiencing other problems and may just go back to stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts