Mac Version 1.1.3 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Mac version 1.1.3 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
There now are TPA options to set Anti-aliasing mode from x2 to x8.

This is great news, however it's slightly disappointing by selecting these options them seems to have no effect on the graphics???

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
I see a lot less jaggies with it turned up on my MBP. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that it didn't heat things up like I thought it would.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
I see a lot less jaggies with it turned up on my MBP.

Interesting that you see changes; are you sure? Can you post any screenshots?

I've double checked Blackhole and Black Knight, with no Antialias and x8 Antialias - there seems to be no change to 'jaggies'.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Actually, I went back and used BH as the test table. A side by side comparison showed no change in the texture of the raised flipper going from antialiasing off to 8X. Maybe it's different in other tables, but BH is unaffected.

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
A big THANK YOU to whoever at Farsight added more PS3 controller navigation to the Mac version. I love that I don't have to go back to the trackpad once I'm in the My Tables section. THANK YOU!

Jul 2, 2012
A big THANK YOU to whoever at Farsight added more PS3 controller navigation to the Mac version. I love that I don't have to go back to the trackpad once I'm in the My Tables section. THANK YOU!

I like this addition too. Makes it that much more enjoyable to just sit back and play.

Hopefully they'll extend it to be able to navigate the whole game, currently you can only select My Tables, then scroll and select a table, start a game and do the end-of-game maneuvers. At least in my experience you can't go to the previous menus or select any other options using the four-way buttons.

One more thing I hope they'll address about the PS3 controller integration: if I'm playing a game that lasts a bit longer, the screensaver will start in the middle of the game, often with disastrous results (losing a really great ball), unless I move the mouse pointer every now and then. Some code should be added to prevent this from happening.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
One more thing I hope they'll address about the PS3 controller integration: if I'm playing a game that lasts a bit longer, the screensaver will start in the middle of the game, often with disastrous results (losing a really great ball), unless I move the mouse pointer every now and then. Some code should be added to prevent this from happening.
Caffeine is a free app in the Mac App Store. It will keep your Mac awake, of course. No sleeping, dimming or screen savers. It's a simple toggle in the menu bar.

Jul 2, 2012
Caffeine is a free app in the Mac App Store. It will keep your Mac awake, of course. No sleeping, dimming or screen savers. It's a simple toggle in the menu bar.

I know this, but that should be handled by the app that needs it (like video players do) for the sake of simplicity and convenience. With that said, I already emailed FarSight with the suggestion, complete with a link to Apple Developer documentation explaining how to do it. Looked simple enough and shouldn't take much longer than ten minutes to bake in.

Lars B. Amble

May 26, 2013
so i just downloaded the OS X version after loving it on my iphone 4s and ps3 and HOLY CRAP - WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. the graphics are AWFUL - why on earth did they port the iOS version's graphics to OS X? my macbook pro plays steam games with the graphics cranked up way past ps3 quality - yet farsight inexplicably couldn't be bothered to give me graphics even as good as the ps3? yeah. BS. also there is some SERIOUSLY BAD lag on the flipper controls. my initial excitement for having the pinball arcade on my macbook quickly turned into serious disappointment after only a few plays and i promptly uninstalled it and got my money back. what a pile of sh*t. you can do better than this farsight - especially considering how long it took you to get TPB onto computers. as a mac user i don't buy high-end computers to play crap like this. guess i'll stick to the iphone and ps3 til you completely redo this port, cause it's inexcusably awful, and the lag on the flippers makes it practically unplayable from a pure simulation standpoint.

Last edited:

Terry Ingram

Sep 14, 2012
so i just downloaded the OS X version after loving it on my iphone 4s and ps3 and HOLY CRAP - WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. the graphics are AWFUL - why on earth did they port the iOS version's graphics to OS X? my macbook pro plays steam games with the graphics cranked up way past ps3 quality - yet farsight inexplicably couldn't be bothered to give me graphics even as good as the ps3? yeah. BS. also there is some SERIOUSLY BAD lag on the flipper controls. my initial excitement for having the pinball arcade on my macbook quickly turned into serious disappointment after only a few plays and i promptly uninstalled it and got my money back. what a pile of sh*t. you can do better than this farsight - especially considering how long it took you to get TPB onto computers. as a mac user i don't buy high-end computers to play crap like this. guess i'll stick to the iphone and ps3 til you completely redo this port, cause it's inexcusably awful, and the lag on the flippers makes it practically unplayable from a pure simulation standpoint.

Wow, I have no idea what you're talking about. I've been playing these games on an iMac and the graphics are excellent. And I've not experienced any flipper lag whatsoever. I always play in full screen mode and am using a Logitech gamepad for the controls. Fantastic experience all the way around.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2012
While the graphics are OK, they're still the same as on iOS (except for the hideous carpet that was removed from iOS - which does make the Mac version look a bit worse in comparison IMHO). That is to say, nothing like what we've seen on the consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts