pinball art in general

sotnwaffle

Apr 13, 2012
Have you ever been confused by elements in pinball art that looks like it's presenting an event or telling a story, but you're not sure what's going on?
I can accept that sometimes, art in pinball is sometimes meant to provoke general moods and just attract players, but for some machines, the art tells enough of a
story for me to become confused.

Gorgar: To me, it looks like you're fighting a monster and defending a woman. But on the backglass, it appears someone is setting a woman down to be sacrificed (I'd
imagine Gorgar would not look so happy and relaxed if the man were taking her away), but on the playing field, the man is attacking Gorgar? Did he change his mind?
Is that a different man? And what's that Gorgar-like red hand doing that's on the ground? A second Gorgar-thing got killed? Is the man in the backglass running toward the foreground trying to stop the sacrifice? But a similar man is appearing in the playfield art.

Centaur: I guess your mission is to destroy 'centaur' as the voice says. What are those orbs?

Viper: This looks like it was meant to be symbolic of human sexuality, but if I try to take the setting literally, I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
BIG SHOT- whats going on are they trying to play pool or pinball! WTF!? :p
MONSTER BASH-First of all monsters dont exist! Second of all I wish the did because this game is FUN!
TOTAN-Aww crap now muslims invaded my pinball machine!
CIRQUS VOLTAIRE-I always wanted to JOIN THE CIRCUS! :)
HARLEY DAVIDSON-WFO MAN! what the F**K Optional expletives...

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
TAXI-um whats going on SANTA,DRACULA,PINBOT,MARALYN and freaking GORBACHEV! if I was a taxi driver...I could only dream no wonder I like it!
BLACK HOLE-Nothing escapes it except my quarters if I see it in real life!
THEATER OF MAGIC-Im sensing a bondage phase here! am I wrong? :p

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think the real psychology behind it is males competing, and boobs! some dont have em...am I talking pinball machines or girls :p its all in our heads.

sotnwaffle

Apr 13, 2012
Thank you very much for the link. I started playing in the late '70s (even if I've never been particularly good at any pin) and am highly interested in such information.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
The Topcast interviews are gold. I download them onto my ipod and listen to them in the car. Passes the time nicely. Can't recommend them enough.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Consider Dr. Dude. What combination of mood enhancers was the artist on when he came up with that one? :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.