Is Pinball Arcade's "Black Knight" version same as 2008's Williams Pinball Classics'?

skysurfer67

Apr 21, 2013
Is Pinball Arcade's "Black Knight" version same as 2008's Williams Pinball Classics'?

Has "Black Knight" been improved since 2008 "Williams Pinball Classics" disc? They left out many characteristic sounds. Like when initiating multiball, or when hitting the spinner after the ball went through the right returning lane. Also the lights turned off when The Black Knight announced multiball, which is a very impressive effect.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
It's not the same version, although both are still scripted. The missing sounds and light sequences in PHOF are nothing compared to the problems with the TPA version. The missing things from PHOF are still missing but some of TPA's rules are wrong and the artwork is way off.

The good thing is that I believe Black Knight is due for an overhaul and a switch to rom emulation rather than scripting. Fingers crossed. :)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
& hopefully the latest flipper physics, and Bobby's latest style of tuning (since AFM).
Pro menu would be nice too.

I'll never want for anything else again. :) (at least for a little while).

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The good work they did on Firepower and Space Shuttle, both of which are noticeably superior to the PHoF versions, makes me hopeful that they can do Black Knight justice if they ever get around to an overhaul. But it wouldn't be a money-maker in the way a new table pack is, so I understand this is lower priority.

skysurfer67

Apr 21, 2013
The good work they did on Firepower and Space Shuttle, both of which are noticeably superior to the PHoF versions, makes me hopeful that they can do Black Knight justice if they ever get around to an overhaul. But it wouldn't be a money-maker in the way a new table pack is, so I understand this is lower priority.

I guess it could be a real "money maker" since there are many people like me who researches before buying. So, as long as they are not improved, I'm not purchasing BK nor Gorgar.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I guess it could be a real "money maker" since there are many people like me who researches before buying. So, as long as they are not improved, I'm not purchasing BK nor Gorgar.

I have a hard time playing PHoF for the PS3 anymore because the physics is too bouncy. In my opinion all the tables are improved over PHoF except for Black Knight. Gorgar looks way better on TPA besides having better physics.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I'd certainly buy the PS4 version all over again if all the tables had these much needed overhauls.

I'd love to second this exact sentiment, but let's be honest, I'm going to buy the PS4 version regardless.. I'll just be happier about it if the tables are all improved.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.