Will these be all new builds, or ports of existing versions?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Since the PC has virtually unlimited processing power, and the ability to scale to fit the machine, this version should look (and play?) far better than even the PS3/360 versions. The big question is, will it?
Will we see the latest builds and improvements, including more advanced physics and better flipper control (and ROM emulation on currently scripted, non-EM tables), implemented on earlier tables, or will all tables play just as they do on earlier versions?

mrhorseshoe

Jun 25, 2012
Could you explain what you mean by better flipper control? Don't you just hit the button and the flipper moves?

There are a lot of advanced moves that are just not possible in TPA. Stuff like tap passes and live catches. There is also a trick where you can flip an upper flipper without flipping the lower one on the same side.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
There are a lot of advanced moves that are just not possible in TPA. Stuff like tap passes and live catches. There is also a trick where you can flip an upper flipper without flipping the lower one on the same side.
That can actually be done on the PS3 and 360 versons with the analogue triggers if you half-press them :) I'm sure that'll be available on the PC one, as well as perhaps assigning two buttons, one for just the top flipper and the other for both.

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Will the PC version have a way to make the dot matrix semi transparent so that it doesn't burn into my Plasma TV.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Will the PC version have a way to make the dot matrix semi transparent so that it doesn't burn into my Plasma TV.

I don't have much difficulty with the dmd on my plasma. And ive played some pretty long sessions on it.

boy-oh-boy

Mar 3, 2013
i wanted to buy the pc version asap wen its been released but without the new lightning system (they will include later/hopefully)theres no reason to buy it.please tell me that they are including it very soon. without it there is no reason for me to buy it and swith from the ps3 to pc.if they can do the pc version look like the ps4 one, i would be very happy.an gtx 680 and i7 3770k should have the power to do that and many pc gamers have good pcs too so that should be no issue.

please continue your good work, i really enjoy it and forgive me my bad english.

greetings from Paddy, old irish whisky
(thats what the people call me here in germany^^)

stay safe

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Well, they released STTNG on PS4 hardware. If anyone had a chance to play it, that might tell us a lot, though I doubt anyone here who is not a FS employee has had a chance to play it.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
I did, since I was at E3. Played very nicely and they have emulation of individual lights mostly running. Played well, but it's a beta build, since the PS4 won't actually be out til November. Just wish I liked that particular table more, would have played it longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts