Zaccaria Pinball - Time Machine Bugs & Feedback

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Zaccaria Pinball - Time Machine (1983) Bugs & Feedback

Since the main thread was rightfully closed I thought I'd post new ones for each of the Zaccaria tables for bugs and feedback discussion. At this point I don't think Zaccaria Pinball is big enough on this forum to need separate threads for bugs and feedback. If it proves otherwise, we can do separate ones.

Post bugs and feedback for Zaccaria Pinball's Time Machine here.

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Copied from original thread...

Instead of activating red, the drop targets automatically award a MACHINE letter. This is incorrect per the zaccaria pinball website. Further, when the red is activated (through the A-F targets), it dos not appear to be on a timer, and does not flash as it should in a real game. It seems to stay lit until hit.

Also, the orange specials are lit in the incorrect order, meaning the highest scoring is activated first (further up on the table) when it should be the other way around.

Finally, the flippers rise quickly, stop, then continue slowly rising for the last eighth or so of their total rise.

Any way for these to be fixed? I know other things have definitely been improved. I'm hoping these scripting errors can be as well.

Reference: rules. http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/rulesheets/index.html

Red and orange target behavior video one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8kFrZs9dq8

Video two:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHySFvc2et4

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013

Instead of activating red, the drop targets automatically award a MACHINE letter. This is incorrect per the zaccaria pinball website. Further, when the red is activated (through the A-F targets), it dos not appear to be on a timer, and does not flash as it should in a real game. It seems to stay lit until hit.

Also, the orange specials are lit in the incorrect order, meaning the highest scoring is activated first (further up on the table) when it should be the other way around.

Finally, the flippers rise quickly, stop, then continue slowly rising for the last eighth or so of their total rise.

Any way for these to be fixed? I know other things have definitely been improved. I'm hoping these scripting errors can be as well.

Red and orange target behavior video one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8kFrZs9dq8

Thanks. Orange and red special are rescripted totally, so they have to work perfectly in the next update.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Version 1.2, ipad 1, ios5.1

The lighting seems to be a little messed up:
The drop target banks middle left and right are dark.
On the right slingshot pulses a glowing nut. (No joke this time , please look)

(The backglass is also dark, maybe a texture/lightmap mismatch?)

ETA: Illustration
mwtxRIU.jpg

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012

All fixed. Fantastic work!

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Are you sure you hadn't run out of the last ball bonus time? The last ball has a timer on it, which can be increased with a good next to last ball.

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
Got the ball stuck up near the top (once on each side) since the last update and couldn't nudge it out. Needs an engineer call or super nudge ability to recover stuck balls. Luckily I wasn't on for a high score!

night

May 18, 2012
When the ball left the red ramp it got stuck on the ramp at the outside lane (the ball was 'over' it, looked odd), couldn't get is out there anymore.

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
Yes this table is definitely broken now has happened to me a few times since my last post (including one frustratingly where I'd beaten my high score on the first ball). I have taken screenshots of the trapped positions if needed.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i also had the ball get stuck up in the top left playfield and the top tight playfield. i have to restart the game when it happens.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
on the real game the jet bumpers seemed more lively. i remember good bumper action in the real world. the bumpers seem a tad on the lazy side i tried adjustments in custom settings under physics but it did not seem to help. this is not that important i can live with it but that ball freezing bug is a biggie.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
when you are on the bonus ball and if you get the bumpers down and go into the past the clock is supposed to STOP until you hit the bumpers back up which resumes the countdown on the bonus ball from where you left off BEFORE the bumpers went down. This is the way it worked in the real world and should be on the rulesheet. this version is incorrect as the countdown clock continues even when the bumpers are down and flippers go dead when it runs out. This needs to be fixed .

night

May 18, 2012
when you are on the bonus ball and if you get the bumpers down and go into the past the clock is supposed to STOP until you hit the bumpers back up which resumes the countdown on the bonus ball from where you left off BEFORE the bumpers went down. This is the way it worked in the real world and should be on the rulesheet. this version is incorrect as the countdown clock continues even when the bumpers are down and flippers go dead when it runs out. This needs to be fixed .

Good point.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i need to add to clarify that if you get the bumpers down on the bonus ball and are in the past and you DRAIN this will also make the bumpers come back up and ball is returned to shooter alley. countdown clock continues from where you left off until you use up the remaining time or get the bumpers down again and go into the past which should stop the countdown clock. As long as the bumpers are down and ball is kept in play the clock shall remain stopped until 1) you hit the bumpers back up 2) you drain the ball both events restart countdown clock from where you left off .

Santacruz

Sep 28, 2012
Hi,

Like everyone i'm delighted at the way this series is progressing, Zaccaria looks great on Ipad 4. However i'm looking for a bit of help and advice here. On Time Machine I dont seem to be able to activate the A-B-C-D-E-F targets on the mini playfield. I'm assuming the letter indicators should light up when each target is hit but so far i cant see anything happening (and i've been playing for a few days now on day setting - dont have the night mode) Do i have to do something else before this is activated or is it a bug?

Other small bugs i've noticed have been the ball being 'cornered' in a spot where the nudge wont move it (top right of mini playfield) and the ball leaping over the wall and getting stuck on the side of the machine but these have been noted before. only other thing ive noticed is that somtimes the voice says 'you are in the past/future' but the play level doesn't descend or elevate accordingly.

My initial impressions were that 'Simulation' physics had to be the preferred option - the tables themselves aren't massively complex therefore it has to be difficult to keep the ball alive to keep things interesting. I felt that with the new ver1.2 settings the explosive ball speed was a bit unrealistic however, for what its worth, i've simply reduced the flipper force to 55 and increased the ball friction only 4 units to 15 and it seems to have made the ball more realistic without injecting a level of ease that exposes the tables.

Finally, hats off to Ask in terms of the graphics and lighting, the tables feel a bit more solid than most of the Farsight ones (Cactus Canyon ahem...) so i'm looking forward to the new tables coming along. Still to buy Locomotion and Devil Riders from the current batch, should i have a preference? Thanks in advance for any input

Members online

Members online