Zaccaria Pinball - Devil Riders (1984) Bugs & Feedback

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Copied from original thread...

Got the ball stuck up by the pop bumpers six times in a row on Devil Riders. Lower left bumper. Could not shake it free. Had to restart game each time.

Also on devil riders, the ball keeps spinning and spinning when the plunger has been pulled all the way back but not yet released.

Finally, do red and orange specials award extra balls on this table?

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Got the ball stuck up by the pop bumpers six times in a row on Devil Riders. Lower left bumper. Could not shake it free. Had to restart game each time.
Thanks, we will check the bumpers!

Also on devil riders, the ball keeps spinning and spinning when the plunger has been pulled all the way back but not yet released.
It will be fixed by the next update.

Finally, do red and orange specials award extra balls on this table?
Orange special gives an extra ball.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
What does red special do?
It gives 10.000 points and a credit on real pinball machine. ZP doesn't have credit, so it gives 10.000 points only. Maybe should it give more score or an extra ball? Because it's quite difficult to activate it.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Copied from original thread...

Fixed! Excellent work.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
No GI on lower part of playfield. From about mid playfield on down. Lightmap force has no effect on it.

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
Right lane advance multiplier bug

Explaination: Shooting up the left or right lanes and passing trigger X kills 3 orange lights then lights “Advance multiplier.” Next shot up that lane should increase bonus multiplier and kill “advance multiplier” light. Each successful shot also makes a sound. Balls which exit bumper area via left or right lanes also trigger X, ie count as a shot. On the right lane this sequence gets stuck at final step and never increases multiplier.

expected behavior:
- left and right lanes work independently.
- first succesful shot kills light (1)
- second shot kills light (2)
- third shot kills light (3) and lights “advance multiplier” (4)
- fourth shot kills “advance multiplier” (4) light and increases bonus multiplier

Left lane works correctly.

Right lane, when “advance multiplier” lit, shooting that lane produces sound but no other effect. Light stays lit and bonus multiplier not increased. :(

00003-right-lane-multplier-bug.jpg

Otherwise this table plays wonderfully :)

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
v1.8 upper playfield standup targets non-functional

Looks like another broken standing target bug. Upper playfield targets for devil riders. Tested iPad3 under IOS 7.0.3

Can anyone reproduce this bug or is it just me?

devil-riders-1.8-upper-playfield.jpg

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
Devil Riders 2.0. I think the rollover switches on the left and right outlanes may be non-phantom geometry. Balls seem to hit them, and they seem to get in the way when trying to save with the react flippers. Can anyone confirm?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Just played a couple games. Outlane drains are typically very fast on Devil Riders and are difficult to save with the React Flippers. After some practice I was able to get into the rhythm of saving outlane drains though. I see what you mean about the geometry though. It does seem like the ball goes AROUND the rollovers instead of over them. Nonetheless, I'd just practice some more on it and you'll be able to anticipate when to flip to save a ball.

74-89

May 2, 2014
This game completely disappeared from my iOS 5.1 device two updates ago. Program closes when table initializes. Don't know if this is a bug, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has had this happen. Still appears on 7.1.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
This game completely disappeared from my iOS 5.1 device two updates ago. Program closes when table initializes. Don't know if this is a bug, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has had this happen. Still appears on 7.1.
What kind of device you have with iOS 5.1?

74-89

May 2, 2014
Yes. I believe ram memory issue is also the source of certain physics problems people are experiencing. This device had some minor problems until the update that brought three new tables (Space Shuttle, Fire Mountain, Winter Sports), when it started working fine and still does, aside from Devil Riders going AWOL later.

My iPhone 4 GSM (A1332) 8gb running 7.1 has major ball motion issues which come and go: stuttering, slow motion, etc. I think these are the same problems reported by those who are so terribly unhappy with the physics that they find the games unplayable.

As an aside, Age Of Pinballs also does not work properly on this device, but the Art Of Pinball table pack does, as do the stand-alone versions of Time Machine, Pinball Champ, Vampire and Wild Games, all of which work well in 5.1.

I would also try stand-alone versions of Devil Riders, Voyager and Samurai if they were made available.

Meanwhile on my iPhone 4s GSM (A1387) 64gb everything from ASK Homework works perfectly. I'm pretty happy with the physics as they are now, and of course they are adjustable. On this and the iPad I run both Zaccaria ME with all of my custom settings and the regular Zaccaria Pinball for "straight from the factory" performance which I prefer.

When Devil Riders vanished from the iPad, I tried uninstalling both and then reinstalling each separately. I tried pretty much everything but the game doesn't want to run on that device anymore. I didn't try it on the A1332, so I don't know if or how ZZZ would run on that.

Sorry for the very long post, but I thought a more detailed account of my ASK Pinball experience might be helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.