Zaccaria Pinball - Locomotion (1981) Bugs & Feedback

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Copied from original thread...

Locomotion is missing the train sounds found on the real table.

And the orange special on locomotion seems completely nonfunctional. I can't advance it. According to the rule sheet on imdb, dropping a set of three targets a second time should temporarily light it.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Copied from original thread...

Locomotion is missing the train sounds found on the real table.

And the orange special on locomotion seems completely nonfunctional. I can't advance it. According to the rule sheet on imdb, dropping a set of three targets a second time should temporarily light it.
Train sound will be fixed in the next update, thanks!

Hit all red, blue or yellow drop targets once to activate orange special (or time special on this table).
Then you have 5 seconds to hit Special lane and get 20.000 points, if you failed you still have another 5 seconds to get a multiplier, if you failed again, you have another 5 seconds to get 5.000 points. Anyway there was a small bug here too, it will work this way in the next update.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Train sound will be fixed in the next update, thanks!

Hit all red, blue or yellow drop targets once to activate orange special (or time special on this table).
Then you have 5 seconds to hit Special lane and get 20.000 points, if you failed you still have another 5 seconds to get a multiplier, if you failed again, you have another 5 seconds to get 5.000 points. Anyway there was a small bug here too, it will work this way in the next update.

I just did this again, and the special did not activate. At least, the lights did not. I wasn't fast enough to hit the lane to see if I got my reward. :)

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I'm sorry :),
but the backglass texture in night mode (Dark Environment) could also use a little more back-illumination.
c7iutzw.jpg

(This table is the one I played most of the time because it's the most playable on iPad1 in landscape+fixed camera. )

I'm looking forward to v.1.2.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I'm sorry :),
but the backglass texture in night mode (Dark Environment) could also use a little more back-illumination.
c7iutzw.jpg

(This table is the one I played most of the time because it's the most playable on iPad1 in landscape+fixed camera. )

I'm looking forward to v.1.2.
Here is the backglass from v.1.2. What do you think? Anyway all the tables have improved backglass.

2w5pqhy.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Love the backglass improvement Zsolt. Really makes it come alive.
The ASK team has a nice eye for making the machines pretty. Impressive indeed.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Here is the backglass from v.1.2. What do you think? Anyway all the tables have improved backglass.

Perfect. The graphics are so good that I completely forget it's only a simulation. I already spent hours only watching the camera pan over the tables, marveling at the graphics. The only things that destroyed the illusion were the backglass textures and the start button in the middle of the screen :)

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I still do not hear any train sounds.

Also, shouldn't the orange special blink in the opposite direction, as is does in Time Machine? It seems like a speedy shot to the roundabout should award the special, with the multiplier as a secondary reward, and the 20,000 as the least valuable one. It would also be consistent with other tables.

I would read the rule card on ipdb, but I don't speak French or German, and google translate doesn't make it any easier to understand. :)

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
PYiuAdj.gif

Locomotion

3 DROP TARGET M BANKS
Completing a drop target bank activates a corresponding train station gate.

TIME SPECIAL
Each target bank has a corresponding TIME SPECIAL light. Completing a drop target bank while the TIME SPECIAL light is lit activates the TIME SPECIAL in the center of the playfield.

BRIDGE
When the ball passes the ramp and at least one of the station gates, extra points are awarded. Passig all gates advances the SPECIAL in the center of the playfield. (the clown tent)

STANDUP TARGETS
Hitting all stand up targets advances bonus multiplier.

EXTRA BALL
Upper middle rollover switch toggles lights in in- and outlanes as follows:

1. 5000 when lit
2. EXTRA BALL when lit
3. EXTRA BALL when lit

(That's what the instruction card says):confused:

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Skill shot through "Ball Return Light" does not appear to light ball return.

It does light when shot up from below.

Also, after you drain through a lit lane and get your ball back, the ball return stays lit. Should this happen? General pinball logic would suggest that once your ball was saved you would have to relight to save again, though I don't have any evidence of this from Locomotion (very little footage of this one). However you see this behavior for the saving flippers on Devil Riders and Farfalla.

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Zsolt, any news on these? I would love your thoughts on the order or the time special lights. Also, the ball return still doesn't light from skill shot in 1.3, and still stays lit. I do hear the train sounds though. So yay!

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zsolt, any news on these? I would love your thoughts on the order or the time special lights. Also, the ball return still doesn't light from skill shot in 1.3, and still stays lit. I do hear the train sounds though. So yay!
We have a Locomotion table here, so I will check these features how they work.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Zsolt, what exactly was changed on the orange special... did it become faster? Or did you make it so the lit target bank alternates?

Also, did you check to see which direction the orange special should advance?

I was able to stack orange specials today, so two lights were flashing and advancing at the same time. Doesn't seem like this should happen, but I'm just guessing.

Also, there are still big problems with ball return not lighting when it should. That top rollover needs to be rescripted.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I keep finding little bugs on this one.

(1) hitting middle orange special loop while bonus multiplier is lit doesn't appear to award bonus multiplier, but does turn off light.

(2) when a bank of drop targets has been completed all three times, one hit to any of the three targets completes the bank. This might be a feature, not a bug.

(3) When the bank of drop targets has been completed all three times, hitting a target will not turn on the colored light at the left loop (train track), but hitting the loop will still cause the ding and advance the red special. This one seems like a bug.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I keep finding little bugs on this one.

(1) hitting middle orange special loop while bonus multiplier is lit doesn't appear to award bonus multiplier, but does turn off light.

(2) when a bank of drop targets has been completed all three times, one hit to any of the three targets completes the bank. This might be a feature, not a bug.

(3) When the bank of drop targets has been completed all three times, hitting a target will not turn on the colored light at the left loop (train track), but hitting the loop will still cause the ding and advance the red special. This one seems like a bug.

(1) I have checked this and it works perfectly. Are you sure middle (bonus multiplier) lamp was flashing when you hit special loop?

(2) It was a bug, fixed it.

(3) It was a bug too, fixed it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.